Baby Workouts...

Options
I have a 4 month old daughter that hardly lets me take time from playing with her to work out... And I am the only one to take care of her while my husband is deployed....
What are some good indoor/outdoor exercises or workouts I can do WITH her other then walking and jogging???
Please help I want to look the best I can when my hubby returns in April... :smile:

Replies

• mommy2halfdozen
    mommy2halfdozen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Exercise DVD's are great for situations like this. That way you can stop and start as needed.
  • dshea55
    dshea55 Posts: 14
    Options
    definantly the dvds are great!! when I had my son I used his weght to do a lot of exercizes hes gaining everyday and it helped me get stronger and he loved the bonding time!!
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    OMG...I don't have a baby but when I visit with my friends who do have babies I realize taking care of a baby is a work out itself...Carrying the baby around anywhere, holding the baby...
    I'd count that as light exercise itself.:tongue:
  • Fayegill
    Fayegill Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I put the baby in the stroller and walked 5k everyday. Rain,Snow and in the dark. I also joined some mommy and baby fitness classes. These wer very motivating and fun to be wiyh other moms.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Try exercising when she takes her nap.:happy:
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Have the baby carrier and keep the baby on you while you do squats. I hope this helps. :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    She has to nap sometime! :) But, maybe you can't work out during her naps for whatever reason. If you can't, my kids always liked to watch me crazy dance. Maybe you could try a Zumba DVD, or just crank up some tunes and dance around with the baby?

I'm not advocating this DVD because I haven't tried it, but a Google search brought this up: http://www.amazon.com/Jennifer-Giannis-Fusion-Pilates-Exercise/dp/B000AOG794 It's supposedly exercises to do with your baby. Might be worth a shot!
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    When I was out on maternity leave I would throw my daughter in her stroller or the baby Bjorne and go for a brisk walk...don't know if you live in an area with hills, but i used to blast up the hills as fast as i could....I would also try to do some push ups and crunches while my girl had tummy time.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Check out Baby Yoga stuff. It's great for bonding and will help your LO develop essential core strength :)
  • prencesskl
    Options
    I have a 6 month old who hates giving me 5 minutes, but I've noticed that when I work out... especially with the wii I can do it while carrying him, or he will watch the mii's and laugh. And I highly reccommend jillian michaels 30 day shred because it is only 20 minutes, so you can do it while they are taking a nap, or during that 20 minute attention span on one activity that my son has lol
  • PattyCakesisLosing
    Options
    Working out with a four month old is SO much easier than when you have a toddler. :P Work out while she naps, after she goes to bed, etc. Once she can sit up, you can put her in her exersaucer or jumperoo for a bit while you do a work out. You can do it, girl! :)
  • amaliasmom
    amaliasmom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can't do this one quite yet since your baby is not old enough,but once they do get a little bigger you can put them in a bike trailer or on a bike seat. I pull both of my kids in a bike trailer behind me...it's a killer workout. When I just had one child I used to have her on a bike seat behind me...she really loved it, and it was great exercise.