What's the #1 food you crave? (and how do you deal with it?)

Options

Replies

• Summerfit321
    Summerfit321 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    French fries, white chocolate and wine :-( I have not been having any of these for a while now...
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Take Skippy PB open it and set it to the side. Now, open 20 Hershey kisses. . . . .start dipping. . . . . . .crave?!? Nah, just spitballing.
  • lyndadestounis
    lyndadestounis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy that/?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Typically my cravings come and go as I give in, lol.
  • reachingforarainbow
    Options
    Nutella, Baked Goods, Bread, and Candy, Chocolate, Nut Butters and Ice cream (I know long list)

I try to avoid even starting to eat certain things, because I will binge/overeat them. (Specifically Nutella and Nut butters)

Ice cream I can have it is a singly portioned treat, but not when there is a big container of it, cause I just keep wanting more.

Candy ... I normally just eat it (again, single portion bags are key). Today I got dried fruit (Ate a few servings but feel it might be mildly better than straight up candy)

Chocolate I go for. Cause I love it. If it is milk or white chocolate, I have to be careful cause I typically want to binge/overeat that as well.

Bread, I allow myself to binge of low cal tortilla's or bread or buns... Maybe not healthy, but I feel like sometimes you just need some carbs
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I do not really crave food anymore...which is odd when I think about it. I do however, occasionally crave odd foods. Like a few months ago I was craving summer rolls. Then once I was craving calamari...then onion rings, then milk...

I just eat what I want, when I want...so long as it fits my calories. If it doesnt, I make it fit.
  • KSGLMM14
    KSGLMM14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also love peanut butter. Sometimes 'real' peanut butter is the only thing that will do, but most times these days, I have a spoonful of PB2. I had never heard of it, but some lady in the food store saw me looking at the reduced fat PB and recommended I try this. It's dehydrated peanut butter with most of the fat removed. You just add water (you have to experiment to get the consistency you want), and then it's great on crackers, apple slices, on celery, or just by itself. Two tablespoons are only 45 calories and not much fat, very high in protein. I try not to eat too much of it (it's kind-of expensive), but it's a nice healthy treat every once in a while.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Cookies so I have 1 and drink lots of water and decaf tea. Also Peanut butter so I have 1 Tbsp with 2 oz bag of apple for my snack I make sure I have room in my calories for it.
  • peanuttyist
    Options
    pumpkin spice anything !!!!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    For the longest time it was my former go-to treats like candy bars, doughnuts, ice cream, etc., but not so much anymore. I still have treats, but usually no more than a couple times a month, and it's usually something decadent.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Liver and onions
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love a good sandwich. So weird - but lots of Miracle Whip, hard cheese, and good deli on a nutty bread. Mmmm!

. . . and . . . of course . . . ice cream!
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    CHIPS! Oh dear god I love chips.
  • fadedfawn
    Options
    ice cream. all day, every day.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    #1 food craving = cheese
    I deal with it by making room for it in my calories. :drinker:
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Greasy, greasy pizza.
    We get it once a month and that helps keep it in check. Now I have two pieces instead of half the pizza. Haha
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    there is no one thing... but i do know there are a few, but very few, things i should not buy. like candy in more than a single serving size. or danishes. or fried foods. especially chinese fried foods.

over time i have moved on from most cravings though, like i used to eat sugar all day and have a horrible sweet tooth and now just a little every once in a while... i didnt have any secret though for getting over the cravings. i just changed my ways long enough that the new way became the normal way.

i refused to find subsititutes like fake sugar or low fat whatevers because i really wanted to retrain my tastes, not just replace it and not change.
  • taylorizal
    taylorizal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's usually chocolate for me, but lately I've been craving soft pretzels and nacho cheese. I love BWW's pretzels and cheese. But, yeah, mostly chocolate.

Now I want chocolate.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    tonight i was at rite aid and walked through the halloween aisle remeniscing about how many time i typically would buy halloween candy each october... you do not want to know...
  • purplishblue
    purplishblue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Pizza.

I honestly really like the lean cuisine ones- so those help (because I'd honestly eat pizza every day if I could)

I do the same thing! I love pizza so I stock up on Lean Cuisine pizzas (seriously they are good), and eat those whenever.

I also tend to want chinese food. I just try not to order it much, to break myself of the habit. I don't fully deny myself though, so when I do get it, I get tofu w/ veggies (home style bean curd), and don't put any of the rice in it. Still high calorie but at least it's a little better.