Lower fat proteins?

What are some of your favorite lower fat proteins? I consistently go over on fat (eat a lot of nuts) and way under on protein. I'm just really looking for food recommendations...not looking to change my MFP goals or my diet overall. Thanks!

Replies

• JennehB
    JennehB Posts: 1 Member
    I love, love, love low fat cottage cheese with fresh or frozen berries. One of my favs.
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    I eat a lot of chicken, which is about as lean as it gets. Salsa chicken, honey mustard chicken, lemon pepper, etc... In fact, I find myself having to reach for some cream of mushroom, fry it in oil, or another higher fat alternative to cook w/ it to reach my fat goals. But then again, i really just enjoy the taste of chicken :) Veggies on the side for some carbs.

I also eat more dairy than is probably good for anyone! You can find fat free greek yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, egg whites to hit protein goals with little to no fat.
  • sammama5
    sammama5 Posts: 92 Member
    My issue is the same. I wish I had a problem eating enough fat, because then I could have more peanut butter or almonds or...you get the idea...
    That said, I put up with nonfat Greek yogurt, lowfat cottage cheese (but the sodium is really high!), chicken, and tuna...sometimes. I don't really do turkey unless it's completely overseasoned (like taco meat).
  • Solar_Cat
    Solar_Cat Posts: 188 Member
    Solid Albacore Tuna in water. It has 1 g fat, 13 g protein per 2-oz serving. For a quick high-protein, low-calorie meal I throw a whole can of tuna onto a simple green salad and sprinkle with lemon juice.
  • FrancescaWebb
    FrancescaWebb Posts: 211 Member
    In to read later - I need more suggestions myself. I'm getting tired of snacking on chicken.
  • LipsLikeSykur
    LipsLikeSykur Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you, everyone! I have to limit my dairy because I don't digest it well but I eat a little greek yogurt almost daily. Berries and cottage cheese sounds delicious, and I could probably tolerate a small serving.

Was doing some research last night and it looks like tuna and salmon have the most bang for the buck. I wouldn't mind eating chicken every day--love it--but I just don't take the time to prep.
  • i use the typical bodybuilding protein sources:
    Chicken, turkey, some beef cuts are low in fat, fish, low fat yogurt (250g of 0.1% fat yogurt + unsweetened applesauce + 30g of kelloggs is something i really like for bulking), low fat quark (which is german cottage cheese). whey to add to your cottage cheese/yogurt.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Tofu, beans or lentils and quinoa.
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Talapia, Tuna, Ground Turkey.