Elliptical Workout Music

Options
I have been jammin on the elliptical for three solid weeks now, and my playlist is getting old. Anyone out there have any suggestions for me? I'm after fast, get my heart pumping music. Resources, too, would be much appreciated! Thanks!!

Replies

• tameekag
    tameekag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Do you use an iphone or itouch because you can listen to Pandora. You can create stations of your favorites and put it on quick mix. You'll get a good variety.

I'm old school, so I can't really suggest any music for ya. :laugh:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    The other day, I was on the elliptical and the most unassuming song came on my iPod that made me go faster and push myself harder on the elliptical than I have in awhile... "You belong with me" by Taylor Swift. The beat is perfect for going fast on the elliptical. Also another one I discovered last year, 4 minutes by Madonna & J.T., and American Woman by Lenny Kravitz. All great tempos!
  • seabears2011
    Options
    Well, I am a younger person on this site and I just signed up. I listen to hip hop or R&B music. It's not my favorite but it's definatly upbeat and helps to keep me moving. Some of my favorites are:

:: All I Do is Win by DJ Khaled
    :: More by Usher
    :: No Hands by Waka Flocka Flame
    :: We R Who We R by Kesha

They help pump me up (:
  • caseybreunig
    caseybreunig Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Rihanna and Black Eyed Peas are great.
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    LOL, itunes, free podcast-podrunner..major heart pumper jam
    jac

Toby Mac
    Skillet
    Basshunter
    Some three days grace songs
    Superchick
    Barlow girls
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    What's your style preferance? I listen to a lot of metal so my choices may not help you out, lol.

I would however recommend these because they are more mainstream:
    Three Days Grace- Riot
    Theory Of A Deadman- Not Meant To Be
    Linkin Park (any and all songs)
    10 Years- Shoot It Out
    Seether- Fake It
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! My preferences lean towards remixes- think Black Eyed Peas, DJ Tiesto, David Guerra....etc. I did just find a great website- http://www.inthegym.net, that I am going to check out. They have a variety of play lists for different types of exercise. I'm always after new music though, so I will check out all of your suggestions. THANKS!!!
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have read several studies that have proven that the more intense your music is, the harder you will go. I am not a fan of rock or heavy metal but I do have a playlist consisting of fringer 11, nickelback, greenday, korn, etc. It does keep me going and push me to work harder.
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have read several studies that have proven that the more intense your music is, the harder you will go. I am not a fan of rock or heavy metal but I do have a playlist consisting of fringer 11, nickelback, greenday, korn, etc. It does keep me going and push me to work harder.

I've read the same thing, and totally agree. The faster BPM I get on a song, the more I push myself to keep up! Thanks!
  • kristy12379
    Options
    I also have to have really fast music or I just don't push myself as hard. Right now some of my favs are:

Only Girl- Rihanna
    Tonight-Enrique Iglesias
    With Love-Hilary Duff
    Give a Little More-Maroon 5
    The Way You Move-Outkast
    Like a G6-Far East Movement
    Hey-Lil Jon feat 3Oh3 (from the Jersey Shore Soundtrack)
  • jrcboiler
    jrcboiler Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ok, you all are gonna think I'm such a nerd, but I LOVE running to a playlist I made of 1990's Dance hits! They are so upbeat and just make me laugh at myself for listening to them. Here's a website full of good ones :)

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_dance-90s.html
  • Oppie81
    Oppie81 Posts: 33
    Options
    Of course the new Nicki Minaj CD is great!
    But as far as individual tracks I love:

I’ll Fly with You (L’amour toujours)
    The Sounds of San Francisco by Global DJ’s
    Salvation by the Cranberries
  • EvilPirateJohn
    EvilPirateJohn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like to "rock out" on the elliptical. Some good ol' Motley Crue always get's me going, haha.
  • AndyBee
    AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    LOL, itunes, free podcast-podrunner..major heart pumper jam
    jac

Toby Mac
    Skillet
    Basshunter
    Some three days grace songs
    Superchick
    Barlow girls

Awesome selection!

I usually stream air1 from their iPhone ap
  • AndyBee
    AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Also, it pains me to admit this but... Aqua. Yep that's right. Aqua does the job quite nicely. Not just Barbie Girl either, but the entire album.
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to one of my mixes: http://www.choons.net/index.php?m=mixes&p=view&mix_id=4704

You can download it by clicking the link on the right hand side of the screen. It's hard dance/hard trance type of thing.

Hope you enjoy it!
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I loooooooooooooooove it! Thanks, got it downloaded on my Ipod, thanks for sharing it!
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yay!! You're very welcome! :drinker:
  • dreamc08
    dreamc08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Also, it pains me to admit this but... Aqua. Yep that's right. Aqua does the job quite nicely. Not just Barbie Girl either, but the entire album.

Oh my goodness, I think Aqua is the ultimate workout music!!

The other day was I was finishing on the elliptical, "WORK" by Ciara and Missy Elliott came on and helped push me thru the last few minutes. Not a song I'd normally like, but they yell "work, work, work, work..." throughout the song and it was a nice push.

I'm always looking for new workout tunes, so this is a great thread :smile:
  • angkish
    angkish Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sounds like my ipod