Ugh, This is getting old!

Options
I feel like im wasting my time counting calories! Yesterday night I got on the scale and it said169 that means im gaining. It could be me building muscle but still. And im having one of those days where your just drained, and im having a fat day! Ive started mfp on the 4th and though i have dropped to a 14 in pants(they are kinda snug)I still feel very very much like im wasting my time almost like i wanna quit.. Might I mention im a week away from my monthly gift :frown: It could be just the tiredness from school or just a bad day, not bad bad just... on a scale from 1-10 (being the the worse) i rate my feeling a 5-n-a half:yawn:

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,426 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are having a bad day but remember this is a long term project! You didn't gain the weight overnight and you won't lose it overnight. Stick with it, you sound like you're doing everything right and stay away from the scale for a few days. Good luck!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    just your PMS talking. hang on. you can do it!
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    please please please hang in there!!! You WILL see results :-).......It's normal to gain weight during your period...and also from working out...not only do muscles weigh more, but your body holds on to water while it repairs damage done to muscles while working out ( that's how they grow).
    All this is normal....don't give up!
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Dont be hard on your self like this, you may have had a bad day, but its not worth giving up over. You can do it, hang in there

the monthly gift dont help either, stick with it...
  • gemini53
    gemini53 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have those times too its agravating You have to persevere. I have gone to the bathroom weighed myself and gained weight WTF!
  • astaylor2
    Options
    I had one of those days too. I'm also a week away from my monthly gift and am feeling it. I'm trying my absolute best not to give up, but I wanted to eat everything in sight and just felt so drained. Just praying for a better tomorrow and I'll do the same for you.
  • Bethoney
    Bethoney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    DO NOT GIVE UP!!! it is normal to have some gains, and some plateau's. Hang in there I think you are doing GREAT!!
  • titanjones
    Options
    jesus love you!
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else has already said...HANG IN THERE! My MOTO is The race is not given to the swift or the strong but to those that ENDURE until the END!

Your brighter days are just around the corner, just you wait and see...

Have Faith in yourself...We here at MFP do!

Have a Great week working out and eating healthy
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way....5 months and i've only lost 15lbs...it's getting quite aggravating...I work my butt off, eat rabbit food, and what do I get for my effort? I gain on the scale...phooey! That's all I've got PHOOEY!!!!:explode: But if you don't give up, I won't either...
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi don't give up.

Firstly weighing your self at night is a no no. I can tell you I weigh about 1kg heavier at night than I do in the morning. I'm sure if you stick at it you'll start to see results.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    A lot of women gain water weight right before their monthly also. Don't give up! Weigh yourself after your monthly is over, and I'll bet that scale will be back down where it should be. Keep at it! Your smaller pants size TELLS you you're making progress!
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Think about how good you will feel about yourself in a couple weeks when you look back and realize that you stuck with it. Trust me. You WILL feel better. You WILL feel less hungry. You WILL lose weight. You WILL do it.
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way....5 months and i've only lost 15lbs...it's getting quite aggravating...I work my butt off, eat rabbit food, and what do I get for my effort? I gain on the scale...phooey! That's all I've got PHOOEY!!!!:explode: But if you don't give up, I won't either...

Chin up Charlie. :smile: Think of yourself positive. You could have been here 5 months and GAINED 15 lbs! Maybe you need to put the scale away and get out your tape measure. You would probably be surprised at the amount of inches you have lost.
  • dekarlo08
    dekarlo08 Posts: 102
    Options
    Whenever you feel like you're gonna quit just get on here, even if it's 30 times a day, and someone will talk you through it. I get on every day to stay motivated. I've lost 13 pounds but I still have 112 to go. It's going to be a long journey but I know people on here will help me, and they'll help you too.
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Like previous posters said, you didn't put the weight on overnight. It won't come off over night. You can do this just take it one day at a time.
  • OneLife2Love
    Options
    Thank you everybody!:)
  • Oppie81
    Oppie81 Posts: 33
    Options
    I have been on this for 15 days and I have only lost 1 pound but I have been working out and eating right so I am guessing that both of us are just gaining more muscle. Hang in there! A lot of times when you try to drop weight, your body will just stay the same or even gain weight for a couple days but I have noticed that after giving it a few more days you end up dropping the weight so it was worth hanging in there for a while. Don’t give up!