back again

Options
boxpunk
boxpunk Posts: 52 Member
I'm no stranger to this site. It has helped me loads and the only reason why it stopped helping me is because I stopped helping me. Been months since I've worked out, logged, or even ate right. I'm back up to 270, and I know that all of it could have been avoided. Instead of walking or riding my bike, I've driven my car and I have planted my *kitten* on the couch watching Netflix or playing video games. I bought an elliptical last month and it's sitting in my kitchen. My nightly meals consist of fast food and other crap that makes me feel horrible and like there's a cinder block resting between my throat and stomach. Even today started out with a coke and a milkshake. I could have had tea and yogurt with an apple. I know that this is all on me. I'm not making excuses. I felt like giving up so I did, I lost all interest in Tough mudder that's happening on 10/27/2014. I trained for months then just gave up. My husband even tried "helping" me by signing me up at Team Beachbody, making me a coach, and ordering me shakeology. None of which I wanted so that didn't end well. To be fair, I did lose with Shakeology; I lost about $107.00 a month. So, I'm going to give it another shot. Eating right and exercise got me down 20 pounds, and laying about eating crap gained me 20 pounds. So, time to go shopping, separated and weigh my food, dust off the cook books, and start logging again. Let's see if I can do the Tough mudder next year.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you went back to your old habits?
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Well admitting it is the first step. You did it once you can do it again just stick to it this time around. Every day that eat healthy is a step you take towards your ideal body.
  • lvsglass
    lvsglass Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Jolene. First of all, you have done the right thing by coming back to MFP and asking for help. I have lost 137 pounds so I understand how you feel. There were many times that I felt helpless and hopeless because I would give up and gain back any weight that I had lost. I had a doctor tell me once that a person is not a failure when they "fall off the wagon". A person is a failure when they quit trying. So, see yourself as a winner because you have not given up, you are back here ready to try again and you will succeed. You are the only one in control of what you put in your mouth. You can do this, it just takes time and consistency and the ability to forgive yourself for those times that you've given up. Feel free to add me as a friend and I will help encourage and motivate you the best that I can.
  • boxpunk
    boxpunk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you went back to your old habits?

Depression, health issues, and a ridiculous amount of tragedy. That's why I think I went back, but am now staying out of pure laziness. I'm 270 and feel like crap, and a few months ago, I posted a thread that at 270, I was able to wog 3.5 miles in 65 minutes as opposed to being out of breath from just getting off the couch or out of bed.
  • ludeo
    ludeo Posts: 75
    Options
    Your not alone, that was me a few months ago slowly getting back on track
    I've been using mfp on off for the blast few years. Back again as I'm at my highest weight ever.
    Mental health issues have not helped as well. I've found that getting rid of the "bad" foods in the house has helped cause snack habits will be healthier. I'm more motivated now.
    Add me as a friend :)
  • melissa968
    melissa968 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not alone. Many of us are in the same boat and trying to paddle against the current back to shore. Friendship and motivation can help.
    Stay with it and know you are doing what you need to do for you.
    Add me as a friend :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump to catch later :)
  • rmahj78
    Options
    Hi there!! You are so not alone! I am back on this site after a very similar set back, I had lost 16 pounds in the earlier part of this year only to get comfortable and lazy and gail all of it back!! I am working back to that place where I am motivated! I wish you the best on your journey... I would love to partner up an help motivate you :)
  • albrightideas
    Options
    I am right there with you. Yesterday my brother called with birthday wishes and in the course of our conversation he motivated me to get back on this site and back on track. I am at my highest weight and want to make the next 45 year consistently healthier than the first 45 ( which were marked by lots of ups and downs). Today I start!