I can do this right?

Options
HI All!

I have had a myfitnesspal account for quite a while and am just now getting around to start using it. I have been very discouraged with some health issues I am going though.. I have more to lose right now than I ever had before and feel as though I am drowning in my own fat! I need a life line and am hoping to find it here. My quality of life needs some major improvements.

I am a married 34 year old mother of 2 beautiful girls ages 15 and 12. I work full time as a loan officer at a local credit union. I would love to connect with other women who are in the same boat as a way to provide encouragement to one another. I know I can do this... I have been successful previously but right now starting up is the hardest part. i am wanting to lose 50-55 pounds overall but I have set my first goal at just 10 lbs. baby steps.

I just realized how whiney I sound... I promise it will be the only downer rant I post.

I can do this right??

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this. Add me if you need friends who can motivate you!
  • SlimCathie2010
    Options
    Yes you can, feel free to add me.
  • tashlm123
    tashlm123 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Motivation from others helps heaps. It's the only thing that keeps me going. You can add me if you like
  • IrishPenny
    Options
    I have about the same amount to lose....we all can do this together. Feel free to add me.
  • annmfrank
    annmfrank Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too have two beautiful daughters - 24 and 19. Ever since I turned 50 it seems like I started gaining weight while having the same eating habits I've had for years. I half heartedly tried to diet a couple of times but I didn't keep with it. When I realized that I couldn't fit into any of my fall/winter pants I decided I had to get serious. I am on my third week using MFP. I have exercised 5 out of 7 days each week and haven't cheated at all. I have only lost 6 pounds and was getting discouraged until a coworker told me today that she thought I looked great and asked if I had lost weight. That's all it took and I had the willpower to keep going!

Stick with this. You can do it!