Terrified of returning back to old habits ...

Options
The topic says it all. I've lost 80 or 90 pounds since the summer of 2013 through diet and exercise and this weekend I went crazy and over did it in every way, shape, or form. I really, really am worried that the weight is going to come back. I've been eating around 1200 calories with exercise for a long time, and I've been eating the same types of foods ... lots of fruit, nonfat greek yogurt, and protein bars being the big staples in my diet. I've been trying to add other food in because I've realized that I might not be getting enough fat in my diet ... and now I'm binging crazily. I had 1700ish calories today and I feel quite bloated and nauseous.

I'm almost to my goal weight of 120 lbs ... Any suggestions on ways to stave off my (apparently) voracious appetite recently? My diary is open. I have a couple days in early September that represent my usual diet from when I was dieting more seriously ... then around labor day I tried to eat a bit more fat in my diet and up my calorie intake, and I've run into trouble.

** by the way, I posted this in the motivation and support thread, but decided it might be better answered here ... but I don't know how to delete it from there **

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Okay, first you're young so eating at 1200 calories might be a bit low for your body. Check and see what your BMR and TDEE are ..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/931670-bmr-and-tdee-explained-for-those-needing-a-guide

You can eat a wide variety of food and still stay in a spot where you can lose the last of your weight at a decent pace. About .5 pound per week is what I've heard when you're nearly at goal weight. Eating at 1200 calories or under is going to do more harm in the long term. I'm sure there are others who will chime in with better info. :flowerforyou:

Also was that 19 slices of bread accurate? That jumped out at me.
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Remember that slow and steady wins the race. Take it one day at a time. I have the same fears myself because I've yo-yo'd several times in my life so far and I really want this time to be the time I finally stop. I would look at the info from the above poster and put it to use.