My story with obesity

Options
Hello;

My story with obesity

I looked in the mirror and realized that I was not happy with myself. I also realized I was starting to get past middle age and soon my health was going to start showing signs of wear and tear.

I had the gastric sleeve done and I started a regular strength program (5 times per week). I also run 5 miles 4 times per week.

Starting my new healthy lifestyle was the hardest part. Once I got going it became addicting.

How long did it take you to start to see results?

1 month.

How long did it take for you to reach your current weight?

8 months.

How long have you maintained your weight loss and how do you do it?

I am still losing, although right now I am building more muscle but I am actively on track to continue to lose.

What keeps you motivated to continue your weight loss success?

Now it is just my lifestyle, I couldn't see myself not exercising and running. I stay motivated by not ever wanting to be back where I was. I got a tattoo on my pec to remind me every day when I get up and look at myself in the mirror.

How has your life changed now that you've lost weight?

I have way more energy than I ever had. My friends and even relatives do not recognize me and I am more confident in everything I do.

Do you have any advice for others who are trying to lose weight?

Stick with it and surround yourself with others that have similar goals. Promise to push each other and call each other out if someone starts to slack. After a while it becomes addicting and you will start to notice results.

How did ShapeFit help you reach your weight loss goals?

Reading the articles on getting healthy and the success story testimonials. I used ShapeFit to keep me motivated and to learn tricks and tips on how to get fit and healthy. Thank you ShapeFit!

Jean Weight Loss Tips!

Weight loss tip #1:

weight loss before after photos in moderation.

Weight loss tip #2:

Find like-minded workout partners.

Weight loss tip #3:

Set small, medium and large goals.

Weight loss tip #4:

Do not get obsessed with the scale, just let it happen.

Weight loss tip #5:

Falling off the fitness wagon happens, but successful people get right back on.

Jean Weight Loss Eating Plan!

Breakfast:

weight loss before after photos bob1 egg and 2 slices of wheat toast.

Lunch:

4 ounces of meat or a small portion of protein.

Dinner:

Balanced small meal (it is all about portion control).

Snacks or Mini Meals:

Oscar Mayer P3 Protein Packs.

Nutritional Supplements:

Vitamins.

Jean Weight Loss Workouts!

Weight Training:

Monday: Back
Tuesday: Shoulders
Wednesday: Chest
Thursday: Arms
Friday: Legs
Every day: Abs.

Cardiovascular:

I run 5 miles 3-4 times a week at around a 9 minute mile pace.

Replies

• LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I wish my insurance would pay for gastric reduction weight loss surgery. then I could give people advice on how to lose weight.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I wish my insurance would pay for gastric reduction weight loss surgery. then I could give people advice on how to lose weight.

xD

Congrats, OP :)
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I wish your insurance would pay for you too, maybe you wouldn't have such a superior than everyone else attitude. The sleeve gave him an edge, but if you read the whole post you would have noticed the OP eats well and exercises everyday!!
    Any whooo. Congrats OP!
  • nikitahunt123
    nikitahunt123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. It's stories like these that keep me on track.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I wish your insurance would pay for you too, maybe you wouldn't have such a superior than everyone else attitude. The sleeve gave him an edge, but if you read the whole post you would have noticed the OP eats well and exercises everyday!!
    Any whooo. Congrats OP!

Well you have to admit that there is quite a difference between normal weight loss, versus someone who has weight loss surgery. While both have there own systematic problems, weight loss surgery is designed to keep the person from getting hungry, while during normal weight loss, there is no such thing as losing weight without getting hungry.

I congratulate anyone who takes on weight loss, surgery or not. The opt is staying in great condition and eating right, but let's face it, he had an edge over his counterparts, that can't afford surgery, and decided to take on this battle from ground up.

What is worrisome about weight loss surgery is, you have to be considered morbidly obese before you can get it, and since losing weight the hard way is difficult and associated with being hungry often, one has to wonder how many people purposefully continue to gain weight so they can become eligible for surgery?
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options

Well you have to admit that there is quite a difference between normal weight loss, versus someone who has weight loss surgery. While both have there own systematic problems, weight loss surgery is designed to keep the person from getting hungry, while during normal weight loss, there is no such thing as losing weight without getting hungry.

I congratulate anyone who takes on weight loss, surgery or not. The opt is staying in great condition and eating right, but let's face it, he had an edge in his counterparts, that can't afford surgery, and decided to take on this battle from ground up.
    Thank you. Unlike the crabby person who commented before, you did understand what I was saying. I congratulate him. I envy him. I have struggled with my weight for decades and would do anything to get it off before it kills me. Of course now it is easier for him. He does have an edge. I was suggesting that to advise "portion control" is kind of funny. Obviously it took a procedure to help him be able to do it. No insult was intended.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options

I congratulate anyone who takes on weight loss, surgery or not. The opt is staying in great condition and eating right, but let's face it, he had an edge in his counterparts, that can't afford surgery, and decided to take on this battle from ground up.
    Thank you. Unlike the crabby person who commented before, you did understand what I was saying. I congratulate him. I envy him. I have struggled with my weight for decades and would do anything to get it off before it kills me. Of course now it is easier for him. He does have an edge. I was suggesting that to advise "portion control" is kind of funny. Obviously it took a procedure to help him be able to do it. No insult was intended.

Just keep going you'll get there. It's just calories in, versus calories out, simply meaning eat less, move more. And there are plenty of success stories on this board of people losing mega pounds that didn't have surgery. You can do it too!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    That was a horrible copy/paste job you did. Next time just write it out. Also, some of it is terrible advice.
  • cat_monster
    cat_monster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What is worrisome about weight loss surgery is, you have to be considered morbidly obese before you can get it, and since losing weight the hard way is difficult and associated with being hungry often, one has to wonder how many people purposefully continue to gain weight so they can become eligible for surgery?

Lol, I'm sure I saw a Simpsons episode about that.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    That was a horrible copy/paste job you did. Next time just write it out. Also, some of it is terrible advice.

QFT

And why is this in the Gaining Weight forums?
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hello;

My story with obesity...
    Congratulations on your success.
  • jeanfitness3
    Options
    This was my story have shared with you and thank you for all the replies will be sent down three topics for WEIGHT LOSS and will give you the books that you used that you want any explanation go privé