Mcdonalds salads. Are they okay?

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Sumaya. What are your thoughts on the mcdonalds southwestern salad with grilled chicken. Lunds has a similar one but I personally like the mcdonalds one better. Its 390 calories with 1 dressing. Too good to be true?

Also feel free to add me. I could use some inspiration :)

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    If you can fit them into your day, I don't see it being an issue. The calories also match up with the nutritional info on their website.
    I personally don't eat them often, because I always get rotten tomatoes in mine. So watch out with those!
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Greeting, cannot say I know much about the sales in McD's, I don't go in their stores, however, there are regulations in the US about publishing the nutritional values of food. Hopefully that is enough to make the statements about their salads true. Good luck with your mission.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Its 390 calories with 1 dressing. Too good to be true?

Do you think they're lying?
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I eat that exact same salad once every 2 weeks or so. I really like them..No tomatoes in the southwest salad..thank goodness LOL
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I had one the other week when I had little other choice and I was very pleasently surprised! Very fresh, it was HUGE, the chicken was good, it came with the same brand dressing I use at home and it was really light on the calories.
  • Alyjacck
    Alyjacck Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There is butter they put on grilled chicken and they don't measure it.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    :huh: Salad at McDonalds??!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    :huh: Salad at McDonalds??!

I know, I know. Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug.
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I know, I know. Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug.
    [/quote

So funny! I would check into the chemicals they may be spraying on the lettuce to keep it fresh if you are planning to eat them more than just occasionally. Even if it is only once in awhile, you may not want to eat whatever it is. :flowerforyou:
  • EvelineUK
    Options
    Anything is 'OK', as long as you can fit it into your diet for the day. So yes, have your salad, whether it's from McD's or anywhere else. You could even have a double cheese burger if you wanted, but you'd have to work a bit harder for it. ;)
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Wendy's salads are better. That is all.
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Agree that Wendy's are better. My fav is the Southwest salad from Steak 'n Shake though.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I like the McDonald's Southwest salad too. As a pp said, they do put butter on the chicken to keep it moist, so I'd add in another 100 calories just to be safe.

And as someone else mentioned, Wendy's salads are better.