Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's the #1 food you crave? (and how do you deal with it?)

13»

Replies

• purplishblue
    purplishblue Posts: 135 Member
    tonight i was at rite aid and walked through the halloween aisle remeniscing about how many time i typically would buy halloween candy each october... you do not want to know...

I know seriously..... I find that the less candy I eat, the less I crave it. So I try to just not have any. Once I get into the habit of getting those Reeses pumpkins, I get addicted.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    tonight i was at rite aid and walked through the halloween aisle remeniscing about how many time i typically would buy halloween candy each october... you do not want to know...

I know seriously..... I find that the less candy I eat, the less I crave it. So I try to just not have any. Once I get into the habit of getting those Reeses pumpkins, I get addicted.

im talking we would buy five bags of chocolate bars, dump them in the cauldron. my husband and i would eat them all in a week and do it again every week until halloween. and we typically got like three trick or treaters. then i would eat my sons candy cause he was too young to eat it all or notice...
  • Ice cream! I like skinny cow or no sugar added blue bell. I watch my portions and never deprive myself, or else I will binge.

You should try blended frozen bananas! Of course, indulge from time to time but it's a nice, healthy way to get some fruit in and it actually tastes like ice cream!!!
  • Adpalangi
    Adpalangi Posts: 349 Member
    Really bad lately. Can't pass up a slice of chocolate cake with organic ice cream. Shouldn't bring either in the house, I gave no portion control over it.
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    I also tend to want chinese food. I just try not to order it much, to break myself of the habit. I don't fully deny myself though, so when I do get it, I get tofu w/ veggies (home style bean curd), and don't put any of the rice in it. Still high calorie but at least it's a little better.

Oh dear - yes to the Chinese food. This is a serious soft-spot for me. When we do go (a couple of times a year) I get egg foo yong and soup. I'll eat a small bit of the white rice. Minimal compared to what I'd love to eat which is a huge plate of fried rice with sweet and sour on the side. Ooooo that sweet and sour pork!