It's been a while...

Options
My name is Hope and I have been on MFP for a while, but have just now started using it. Let's just say I wasn't ready for change until now. I am 36, have 2 children and am married. One child is moderately autistic and the other is on the high functioning end of the spectrum. I have diabetes, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, fatty liver, all the things that go with being overweight. But the thing that changed was this: My son came home and told me kids were teasing him because I was fat. So, I decided right then and there I needed to change for them. So far, I have lost 12 pounds from 308 to 296. Have a good start!

Replies

• floweredsteel
    floweredsteel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    12 pounds is an awesome start! Congrats! Add me if you want some friend motivation.
  • sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Well done on your loss so far :) .. I have a 5yr old son that's a non verbal autistic. Feel free to add me :) x
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well done, and congrats on making the decision to get healthier, honey. You've got this. :flowerforyou:
  • amjmom
    Options
    Great job!
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Great start! Congrats! Friends help. You can add me if you'd like!
  • lizzie14115
    lizzie14115 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well done you!, feel free to add me :smile:
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing and what a motivation too. New here too, so feel free to add me if you are looking for friends.
  • FromGastricToFantastic
    Options
    Awesome work girl! I am so proud of you for getting on track. Once you start to change your life, it will change the lives of those around you. STELLAR!
  • PowerKickChic
    PowerKickChic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You got this.