How to lose weight? When i already eat healthy!!?

Options
I am 5'3'', and currently weigh 135., size 6-8. I have been wanting to lose 10 pounds before March...Not sure how to do it. I cant exercise intensely from a previous head injury but can do light/ moderate walking for up to 60 minutes.

I have been stuck at this weight for months and months. Ive been dying to get back into my old clothes but 10-15 pounds is still holding me back.

Breakfast every day is either eggs/ or eggwhites w/gluten free whole wheat toast, or oatmeal 250-400 calories

Lunch is usually a healthy carb, lean meat or fish, and veggies 300-450 calories

Dinner is also healthy carb, sometimes a protein and veggies 250-450 calories

I have 1-2 servings of fresh small serving organic fruit daily. 150
I do not eat dairy/gluten/nuts/raw foods/soft drinks/fruit drinks

Ive been eating this way for 6 yrs ( except 1 yr where i fell off the wagon), this is the first time i have been unable to lift weights

I do eat some kind of processed sugar every day after lunch, between 150-350 calories worth ( i know this is bad but its whats keeping me happy right now ive been dealing with issues ive had to give up coffee, smoking, alcohol, raw foods and most fruit and veggies b/c of my stomach so sugar is my ONE joy in food life), it keeps me sane.

what else can i do to lose 10 pounds by March? aside from kick the bad sugar habit.
thank you!

Replies

• lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your eating is good. I would suggest walking for as long as you can every day and see if that helps. Since you can't do intense exercise maybe you can split up your walks (if you have time). I know you said you can't lift weights but what about ankle weights while you walk? If you're able to do that it might help some. Not sure I helped much :smile:
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Can you swim or do yoga? It might help with your last 10 lbs.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My suggestion: increase your physical activity level. I reset my calorie burn goal to 5,000 a week. You don't have to aim that high, but you can set a higher goal for yourself. If you tend to have a cheat day, limit those because you will be fighting weight that you regained, and you really want to put the fight into losing new weight. One last tip: avoid night time eating to the best of your ability.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not sure what calorie guidelines MFP tells you but it looks like on days you get 400 cal breakfast, 450 cal lunch, 450 cal dinner, 150 in fruits and a 350 sugar...that's about 1800 calories. You might be just eating to maintain. You probably have to cut it down a bit to lose since you already at a low weight. Just a thought
  • Suederaven
    Suederaven Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd add 2-3 lb dumb bells during your walk. You can also use the lighter weights to do some arm work while sitting in a chair. Just a small increase in intensity can make a difference.
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I always thought I was eating healthy, too. Figured I should be losing but I wasn't. Then, I started tracking my food on MFP! What an eye opener! I didn't realize all of the extra cals that I was eating!

Especially today, I made a "healthy" dinner. I usually plan on 300 cals per meal. I ended up with nearly 500! Yes, all of the ingredients were "healthy" food , but I just didn't realize that I was eating too much of it.

So, if you haven't set a goal, then set a calorie goal for yourself, and then track EVERYTHING that you put in your mouth.

I used to eat like I shop at Walmart. Everything is on sale there, so it isn't going to put a dent in my pocket, right? WRONG!
  • eulila
    eulila Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Have you tried barre type workouts? I have read of women who slim down quite well with it. You don't need a barre either. A chair or window ledge work. Pure Barre Pershing Square 1 and 2 are good ones. I really like Squeeze also. It uses light hand weights but they are not required.
  • vitabella
    vitabella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    great idea thank you i forgot all about ankle and wrist weights!
  • MrX8503
    MrX8503 Posts: 67
    Options
    Taking your weight and height into account you have to have a net calorie count of ~1400. Enter your stats into MFP and follow the calorie count it suggests. If you consume close to 2000, you'll just maintain weight.