How long it takes to enter STARVATION MODE?

Options
Hello
I'm sick of my diet, i've tried sticking to my deficit for years but it doesn't work. BUT I do want to reach my goal weight before I go travelling. So here's the plan. It's like the 5:2 diet but more extreme.

2 days of complete water fasting (or 3) and the remaining days I still eat at a deficit but a lot less than I would if I didn't fast.

Thanks!! :)

http://www.fitmole.org/8-ridiculous-myths-everyone-believes-about-their-metabolism/
According to this metabolism doesn't slow down until after 3 days, but I'm not sure.
What do you guys think?
This is not trolling, I just want to find something that works for me because a daily deficit puts me off a little. I want to be able to indulge sometimes.

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    What you're suggesting is similar to Eat-Stop-Eat, so you might want to look into that.

If you think such a method is going to all of a sudden make fat start flying off your body, you're mistaken. It's still about calorie balance over time.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    People fail for many reasons and I suspect that will continue considering the amount of good advice you've received here lately with apparently no effect.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Yeah.

Good luck with that OP.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    You posted something very similar a couple of days ago and pretty much EVERYONE told you it was a bad idea, why do you think the replies would be any different today??
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You posted something very similar a couple of days ago and pretty much EVERYONE told you it was a bad idea, why do you think the replies would be any different today??

cos its wednesday.... the unicorns come out on wednesday...
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I'm sick of my diet, i've tried sticking to my deficit for years but it doesn't work. BUT I do want to reach my goal weight before I go travelling. So here's the plan. It's like the 5:2 diet but more extreme.

2 days of complete water fasting (or 3) and the remaining days I still eat at a deficit but a lot less than I would if I didn't fast.

Thanks!! :)

http://www.fitmole.org/8-ridiculous-myths-everyone-believes-about-their-metabolism/
    According to this metabolism doesn't slow down until after 3 days, but I'm not sure.
    What do you guys think?
    This is not trolling, I just want to find something that works for me because a daily deficit puts me off a little. I want to be able to indulge sometimes.
    So do you think if you keep posting the same idea someone may actually tell you it's a good idea? It's sad that all these posts are always from 18 year old girls. I think maybe you should go and see your Doctor or a medical professional and address the obvious issues you have around food and dieting. That will be more constructive and healthy than posting about very unhealthy practices in the hope that someone may agree.

Good luck
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You really don't read ANY of the answers you get in ANY of your threads, do you.

Do what you want. Have fun. See you back here when your fatter, unhealthier and actually ready to listen to some sense.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You are 18 how can you have been trying for years!!!

How much do you weigh and how tall are you?
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Your profile says...

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful."

It's not grammatically correct, but I think you should spend some time pondering the truth of it.
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    In for the everything.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    We are not sick of your post OP.

jLZz4Na.gif
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Again with this?
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Do you start all your threads LIKE THIS? It's as if you have TOURETTE'S OR SOMETHING. Amiright?
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    It takes precisely 32 days, 6 hours and 14 minutes.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I think she is a troll.

She clearly doesn't read the answers so why bother asking.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If you think such a method is going to all of a sudden make fat start flying off your body, you're mistaken. It's still about calorie balance over time.
    This. Also, the 5:2 diet isn't water fasting on two days. It's very low calories (I've seen suggestions of 500-600 calories) on the fast days and then you eat at maintenance for the remaining days. It's essentially the same deficit, it's just all built into two days. Do what works for you; eat at a deficit.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    It takes precisely 32 days, 6 hours and 14 minutes.

and 23.5 seconds.......... no more, no less.
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, if you can't handle counting calories, why would being more strict about how you count calories be better?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, if you can't handle counting calories, why would being more strict about how you count calories be better?

POW right in the kisser. LOL