wii fit

Options
anyone have one? is it worth buying? im a stay at home mom with a little one . Im wondering if it really works,.thanks :)

Replies

• mommy2halfdozen
    mommy2halfdozen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It is lots of fun. I enjoy mine and am thinking about getting the Wii fit plus.
  • MrsH06
    MrsH06 Posts: 159
    Options
    I love it! I think it is so much fun and it is a workout!
  • alysen2012
    Options
    yes it does i have the Wii Fit plus it has more work outs than the original and it shows you how many calories u have burn but i go off my HRM since each person is different. But i would buy it because it would be fun for the little depending on how old ur little one is...Hope this helps.
  • christamarie88
    Options
    I love my wii fit!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    wii fit is more for a light work out
    if you want to use the wii to work out i strongly recoment EA Sports Active. It gets you sweating like crazy! and has a lot more workouts, like a ton more. and incorporates resistant bands. my favorite part is that you can play it with two people at the same time and be competitive :] EA sports active 2 even has a heart rate moniter built into the game and tracks your info online and you can share it with friends.
  • nparker1124
    nparker1124 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have one and I LOVE it...it is so much fun to do. It is definitely worth it!
  • mckennamom
    mckennamom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit and the Plus version, but I get a much better workout with the Wii Active. You can still play a lot of "games" but they are all a lot more intense and it works you through a full circuit. I have used both the 6 week/30 day challenge and put together my own workouts and I always work up a sweat.
  • Chazz0r
    Chazz0r Posts: 35
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit too! Go on it for half an hour a day, and it seems to be working :D!
  • BZBanker
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit - the aerobics and balance games are fun but I find the yoga and strengh exercises boring and slow. They are good though, i just don't have the patience. I heard that Wii Fit II is better and that Just Dance 2 is really fun. Good luck!:happy:
  • critter347
    critter347 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love my wii fit! thirty mins of wii fit, thirty mins of just dance seems to really burn off my calories! definitely a good purchase,
  • bdavis1
    bdavis1 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have a friend who has the WII FIT Plus and she loves it. She has had it for 2 or 3 months and I can tell the difference in her shape. She is frimmer than she use to be. I am buying one this week for the days that I can't go to the Y. I think it is a good buy. Good Luck if you get one. (get a used one from Game Stop):bigsmile:
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit - the aerobics and balance games are fun but I find the yoga and strengh exercises boring and slow. They are good though, i just don't have the patience. I heard that Wii Fit II is better and that Just Dance 2 is really fun. Good luck!:happy:

my problem with those are my bum knee, tried them for the first time last night, and just don't have the strength in that knee right now to do them :(
  • Lakerlady5747
    Lakerlady5747 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus. When I first got each of them, I did them almost everyday. My weight didn't really go down, but I believe I was losing inches (I didn't take any measurements, but my clothes did fit better after I used it for awhile). I eventually got bored with it (as I do with most exercise DVD's) and gave it up. I joined a gym at the beginning of the year and I use that for cardio. I'm thinking that maybe I will start to incorporate the Wii Fit Plus in addition to my cardio routine for the yoga and strength activities.

To summarize, if you're looking to burn a lot of calories and get a great cardio workout, the Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus won't do that in a shorter amount of time...you're better off doing something else. However, it does provide some good stretching exercises.