1/2 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup water
1 14 1/2 oz can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
1/2 6 oz can no-salt-added tomato paste
3/4 tsp dried thyme or sage crushed
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
375 degrees

In a covered medium size sauce pan cook potatoes and parsnips in enough boiling water to cover about 20 minutes or until tender drain well mash with a potato masher or with an electric mixer on low speed gradually add yogurt and salt mashing or beating to make potato mixture light and fluffy cover and keep warm in a large skillet cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is brown drain well stir mixed vegetables and water into turkey mixture bring to boiling reduce heat cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender stir in undrained stewed tomatoes tomato paste thyme Worcestershire sauce and pepper heat through divide turkey mixture among four 12 to 16 ounce individual casseroles or ramekins or transfer mixture to a 1 1/2 quart casserole drop mashed potato mixture in mounds over hot turkey mixture bake 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are heated through.
calories 279 fat 2 cholesterol 35mg Sodium 287mg carbohydrates 41 g fiber 7 g protein 25 g

Replies

• FoodieMotion
    FoodieMotion Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Potatoes and parsnip low carb????
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Potatoes and parsnip low carb????
    I was wondering the same thing. If your carb goal is 50 (low end of low carb) than your stuck with lettuce the rest of the day.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Repost by accident
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy.
    If it was me I'd leave out the potato and parsnip and substitute with cauliflower and this recipe would be super low carb. The rest of the ingredients sound yummy. Thank you for sharing!
  • EchoDelta1013
    EchoDelta1013 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    As a Type 1 Diabetic, 41g of carbs is too high for one meal.
  • skinnyjetora
    skinnyjetora Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for recipes so thanks this sounds yummy.