Books?

Options
mbakken90
mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
Idk how interested you all are in books but i love reading when i workout! I'm always looking for great book suggestions. I'm not really a fantasy type of girl but more of a real life application type. Jodi Picoult is my FAVORITE author. I suggest any of her books!!! Does anyone have anything to suggest?

<3

Replies

• Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    If you like true life crime/drama, read anything by Ann Rule. She has a great writing style and keeps your interest throughout the book.
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I love Jodi Picoult! I haven't read anything of hers in a while, but definitely a GREAT author. I'm a big Stephen King fan as well. I'm also reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo right now. It's pretty interesting. Takes some time to get going in the beginning, but well worth it in the end. I will admit, I'm also a Twilight fan too. Nicholas Sparks is also a good author. I've read some of the "Not made into a movie" books.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Jeffrey Deaver is my favorite :)
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I too love to read on the elliptical, and having a Kindle has made it SO much easier.

I have read the entire Phillippa Gregory series. You may have heard of one of her novels, The Other Boleyn Girl. Most of them are historical fiction at the time of Henry VIII. It got me SO interested in that time period, and I was never into that stuff!

This is more sci-fi I guess, but the Hunger Games Trilogy (Suzanne Collins) is crazy addictive. Any friend I've told to read it, loved it! Very easy reading, perfect for working out.

I can't wait to see the other answers! I'm always looking for a new book!
  • Sarean
    Sarean Posts: 77
    Options
    Anything by Jane Green, it's all chick lit, but funny and interesting.

Megan McCafferty, Kristin Hannah, and Sarah Addison Allen are some of my other favorites.

I also recommend Eat, Pray, Love anytime anyone asks.
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Isabel Allende are two of my favorite authors... I really love magical realism (it's not really fantasy... more like, unreal things can happen- ghosts and spirits and whatnot). If you're interested in trying that type of genre, try Chronicle of a Death Foretold by Garcia Marquez and House of Spirits by Allende. I read Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon recently and I fell in love with that book. Also kind of along the lines of magical realism.

If you like Jodi Picoult, you should try the Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. The book was really fantastic and is similar to Picoult's work (I thought).
  • praymond17
    praymond17 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My favorite book is Shantaram...big book, but it's one of those you can't put down! Right now I'm reading Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen.:smile:
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My favorite book is Shantaram...big book, but it's one of those you can't put down! Right now I'm reading Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen.:smile:

Water for Elephants was FANTASTIC!
  • DnAmommy
    DnAmommy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I too love to read on the elliptical, and having a Kindle has made it SO much easier.

I have read the entire Phillippa Gregory series. You may have heard of one of her novels, The Other Boleyn Girl. Most of them are historical fiction at the time of Henry VIII. It got me SO interested in that time period, and I was never into that stuff!

This is more sci-fi I guess, but the Hunger Games Trilogy (Suzanne Collins) is crazy addictive. Any friend I've told to read it, loved it! Very easy reading, perfect for working out.

I can't wait to see the other answers! I'm always looking for a new book!

I love to read on the elliptical too but I find that anything too serious becomes tedious while trying to keep moving--- and people look at you funny if you start bursting out in tears while reading a Jodi Piccoult book. Love her books but I'll save those tears for a home read. Easy to keep up with beach reads are so predictable but at least they seem to take my mind off the effort to exercise. :tongue:
  • DnAmommy
    DnAmommy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jane Green, it's all chick lit, but funny and interesting.

Megan McCafferty, Kristin Hannah, and Sarah Addison Allen are some of my other favorites.

I also recommend Eat, Pray, Love anytime anyone asks.

Yes, love Jane Green too! If you come up with any other similar authors, please let me know because I need to find a new series to start!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Jane Green is good, but Nora Roberts is very good.

Nora Roberts has the In the Garden Series: Red Lily, Blue Dahlia, and Black Rose. Great books. Also, her McGregors series is worthwhile.

I'm very much into fantasy now. So I've read the Twilight series, the Evernight series, anything by LJ Smith, and a new book called Paranormalcy.