Minimal Lost, Huge Change

Options
I was diagnosed with type II diabetes in 2004. At the time I was about 320 lbs. I was only perscribed metformin and I was just okay with it because I wasn't shooting up insulin. Well last year I got really sick and was in the hospital. They pumped me with steroids and my sugar went crazt from 7.8 A1C to 9+. After six months my Dr. wanted me to take more medicine. I said NO! I'm sick of the Metformin. So I started walking. In the office instead of calling or IM'ing people I walked to see them. I parked in the farthest corner of the parking lot and then walked zig zag through the cars on the way in and out of work. Then I started walking when I go home. When I first started, I could only do a half a mile. But quickly I have moved to 3 miles after work everyday.

Went to the Dr. yesterday. All of my blood work was off the charts good. Cholesterol down and A1C down to 7.1. Lost officially 25 lbs and still dropping. Lost two pant sizes from 46 ro a 42. And the 42's I just bought are already feeling too big. My doc told me I was never better. He dropped my Metfomin script in half! And then told me to come back in November and if I'm still doing well, he'll take me off it alltogether.

I'm living proof it can be done folks! Keep up the hard work!

Replies

• daynation
    daynation Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Great work! Keep it up!
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Excellent job. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • bgoodsmile
    bgoodsmile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • gcecilia60
    gcecilia60 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You can do it!
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!
  • jbelles0820
    jbelles0820 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's nice to see changes, keep up the great work!
  • Bsexi88
    Bsexi88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo ????????????????????????????????????????????????. Perfect title name. Congratulations!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Amazing, so happy for you! Congrats, keep it up :)
  • Cheveliar
    Cheveliar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I really appreciate the support. By my motivation was not to gloat, even though I'm pumped about it, but to hopefully give others dealing with this like I am. I used to think it was a medicine jail sentence for life. But after reading how so many have reversed the process I put it in action for myself.

So you guy type II's out there wgo feel you're stuck, you're not is doesn't take much to turn this thing around and eventually get off that stuff!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!