Looking for My Fitness Pal friends

Options
My name is Lachlan, and I am hoping to make some new friends on My Fitness Pal as I think I will succeed if I see motivational things from motivational people.

I am 23 years old, and identify as gay, but would really love to connect with anyone who may be able to offer some motivation, or think that I may be able to offer them some motivation :)

I have included a pretty basic thingo I found in a lot of other posts below so people can get a feel of who I am, and I think it would be cool if others did it as well :)

1. Where were you born?
Bathurst, New South Wales AUSTRALIA

2. Where do you live at the moment?
Cairns, Queensland AUSTRALIA

3. Where else have you lived?
Babinda, Queensland AUSTRALIA

4. What is your current occupation? What is your dream occupation?
I am currently a personal assistant for a CEO of a disability organisation. My dream job would be something that allows me to spend some time on the beach in the sunshine doing something I love, maybe digital editing or PR related work.

5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself
-Love Kpop music - was lucky enough to make it to a concert in Sydney with 10 Kpop artists and groups performing, and it was the most amazing night of my life!
-Although I do not let it define me, I have a diagnosis of Aspergers, which gives me an interesting view on life that most people struggle to understand, which does limit my circle of friends.
-I have struggled with anorexia and bulimia on and off for years. I am hoping using My Fitness Pal will help me manage that.
-As part of my Aspergers I am highly anxious and am medicated for anxiety, which has caused havoc with my weight and motivation, but I am once again hoping My Fitness Pal helps with that and that I can make some great networks on here to keep me on top of it all :)
-My favourite colours are yellow and orange, I love sushi, giraffes makes me happy and I play the ukulele (but not very well haha)

Well that's me in a nutshell - I look forward to making contact and hopefully some new friends :)

Cheers!

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Hi from just to the south of you.

1. Raised in Newcastle NSW

2. Living in North Queensland now

3 Lived in Central QLD for a few years too.

4 Secretary to husband

5 I did have bullimia also mildly as a teenager but sorted it out, I alway am watching my weight though luckily never got very fat, I have two kids, am way older than you but have friends of all ages so add me if you want to and have travelled lots.
  • sebastian91
    Options
    Hi Mockchoc :)

Thanks for taking the time to respond!! Nice to have a fellow NSW baby around :)

What does your husband do?? And where have you travelled? I have been to Japan, but that's it, but would love to see more of the world, especially Korea :)

Cheers!
  • tashlm123
    tashlm123 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Lachlan
    So her is every boring detail about me ..........

1. I was born in Murgon Queensland
    2. I live on the Fraser Coast Queensland
    3. Ummm........ Too many places lol
    4. I'm a teachers aide and that currently is my dream occupation as I was hairdressing for 13 years prior
    5. - I love my family more than anything in the world
    - I suffer from anxiety and depression
    - I enjoy gardening
    - I love my soapies
    - apparently I snore (though I will deny this until the end of time) hahahaha
  • NessaReh85
    NessaReh85 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi Lachlan,

Here is my not so interesting bio,

1. I was born in Effingham, IL, USA which is also where I currently live as well.
    2. I have lived in a few other small towns in Illinois
    3.My current occupation is an Account Manager for a printing company.
    4. ~5 things about myself~

~ I am a HUGE Josh Groban fan.
    ~ I am a mother to a wonderful 10 year old girl.
    ~ I am 29 years old but feel sooo much older.
    ~ My favorite colors are Camo & Orange
    ~ I got married 2 years ago and had a "Redneck Country Wedding"

There are a few things about me. I have had trouble with my weight since high school. Woud love to make new friends on here. I do not judge and have problems with how yo identify yourself. You are still a person and from the sounds of it, a very nice person as well. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like! Good Luck on your journey to a healthier you!
  • jennifernoseworthy
    Options
    Hi. My name is Jen.

1. Where were you born?
    Worcester, Massachusetts (USA)

Barre, Massachusetts (USA)

Northboro, MA; Peabody, MA; Leominster, MA

I am an LPN on a dementia unit. I start my RN classes (accelerated 1 year program) in December. I want to continue working as a Nurse, but I want to be involved in Staff Education or an MDS Coordinator.

-I have three kids. Skylar, 14; Hunter, 12 (he's an Aspie too); and Jaxon (almost 4)
    -I've been married 18 years and 10 months to my BFF. He's awesome!!!!
    -I suffer from panic attacks. I have trouble functioning sometimes because they get so bad, but I am coping. Exercise helps.
    -I love Nike's. It's a horrible obsession. My dream is to one day wear cute workout clothes and Nike's. (I dream big, right?)
    -My favorite color is purple.

That's me in a nutshell.
  • Jrdswife904
    Jrdswife904 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!! I have been on myfitnesspal for a long time but haven't really met many new ppl. I am hoping to find some friends to go thru this journey on and to connect with.

My Name is Heather and I am from the middle of nowhere in Missouri. I just celebrated my 10th anniversary with my hubs and we have 3 girls....8, 5 and 7 months.

Feel free to add me if you wanna get to know each other!!
  • sebastian91
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses guys, and thanks for taking the time to share some information about yourselves :) Will go through and add you all as friends, and hopefully we can encourage each other to do the best we can ^_^ Cheers!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Hi Mockchoc :)

Thanks for taking the time to respond!! Nice to have a fellow NSW baby around :)

What does your husband do?? And where have you travelled? I have been to Japan, but that's it, but would love to see more of the world, especially Korea :)

Cheers!

Engineer. Hmm.. gosh hard to remember everywhere. NZ, Fiji, Vanuatu, Bali, Thailand, Honk Kong, Maccau, a lot of Europe recently plus spent 5 weeks in Greece on honeymoon long long ago :) etc..
  • TheTruthAtAnyCost
    Options
    Hi there my name is Shelby.

1. Where were you born?
    Orillia, Ontario. (Canada)

Back in Orillia

Kingston, Ontario. (Canada)

I am currently working at Tim Hortons. It is a coffee shop type of restaurant very popular in Canada. I am going back to school in the winter to finish my teaching degree.

-I sing, and play piano, and a few other instruments a little bit
    -I enjoy reading. A lot.
    -I am learning how to play Dungeons and Dragons right now
    -I cannot figure out any video game released after 1995. They are all so complicated now
    -Recently took up making friendship bracelets
  • coldpie
    coldpie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian/american, 22 y.o grad student and long time struggler with weight. late night snacking and laziness are my downfalls. surfing weight loss sites/apps in class is my hobby. skimming over some of the previous posts, I also love kpop and josh groban. feel free to add me and lets motivate each other!
  • juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi Lachlan,

1. Where were you born?
    Melbourne Australia

Cairns, AUSTRALIA

Darwin, Perth, Alice Springs

I currently travel around the country with my boyfriend, making a website called Our Naked Australia. As we travel, we do have to work so at the moment, I'm a sandwich artist/data entry clerk. My dream occupation is to be a nutritionist, which I will achieve once I finish my Degree in Nutritional Medicine.

- I love the human body. FItness, nutrition, biomechanics, biochemistry. People need to pay more attention to the human body and appreciate it's awesomeness.
    - I love cats, particularly my cat Ali, but all cats are pretty good. Dogs... not so much. But that doesn't mean I hate them.
    - I study/play/learn Krav Maga. It's a very effective fighting style that was developed after WW2.
    - I love watching films, the latest being a NZ flick called Housebound. Really kooky.
    - Sometimes, I think I'm socially spastic, but that could be a confidence issue.

• KBurkhardt08
    KBurkhardt08 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hello there my name is Kelsey

1. I was born in Riverside, CA, USA
    2. Right now i live in Flagstaff, AZ, USA
    3. I have lived in a lot of places....Norco, CA. Hemet, CA. Perris, CA. Lake Elsinore, CA. and a few others.
    4. I currently work as an Administrative Assistant for an alcohol company. Good job but I have been trying to get a job at my local University for about 3 years now. One day they will cave and hire me :)
    5. I graduated from Northern Arizona University in 2012...2 days before my 21 birthday, I have a boyfriend and we've been together over 5 years now, I read A LOT! (I often tell people I'm building a library), I have two dogs (Sydney and Leah), and....hmmm my doctor recently told me I was technically obese so I would like to lose at least 50 lbs :)

Add me if you would like a new friend
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

My name is Noel.
    1. I was born in eastern North Carolina, USA
    2. I currently live in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
    3. I've lived a few places in North Carolina, plus stints in Virginia Beach, VA, Newport News, VA, and Vallejo, CA.
    4. I currently work as Controls and Automation Engineer and Programmer. I've been here for a while and have no intentions of leaving anytime soon. I'm one of the lucky ones that loves my job.
    5. I play a little piano, I play lead guitar and sing in a very casual rock band, I spend 7-10 hours per week on one of 4 different bicycles, I write computer programs and work on electronics projects for fun as well as during my day job, My wife and I love big dogs so we have 2 great danes, and 1 great dane/english mastiff mix. Oh, and a bad-tempered cat.

Feel free to add me!
  • amrtarek691
    Options
    Hey i am Amr from Egypt i currently live in alexandria and i am a flight attendant