A Newbie Here....

Options
So let me introduce myself. My name is Nicole and I am 32. i have 3 children ages 8,6 and 5 and I have been married to my amazing husband for 13 years. I was a stay at home mom for 8 years but a few months ago I started working at my children's school. My husband and I are both obese and we have decided that 2011 is going to be the year that we change our lives once and for all. We started eating low carb on Jan. 1st and to date I have lost 13 pounds and he has lost 21 pounds. We are very excited about the weight loss but we know a low carb diet is not something that we can do long term. We are in the process of working with a dietician and starting to exercise. I am excited to start this new chapter in my life and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Replies

• snugglepuss123
    Options
    hi nicole my name is val i am also a newbie there seems to be lots of us today, i know what u mean about the low carb diet i have tried it amongst many others(to numerous to mention lol) and i found i could not keep it up long term and decided calorie counting is the way for me to go good luck x
  • nicolestropes
    Options
    Hi Val! I think I may end up counting calories as well. I have the book the 400 calorie fix and I love the concept so I am going to give it a go.
    Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • critter347
    critter347 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome, i recently joined as well. it's an amazing site with great people, good luck! :)