Chili's "Lighter" 6 oz Sirloin- 250 calories? Impossible?

Options
Going to Chili's tonight and trying to figure out what won't ruin my calories. I'm interested in the "lighter" sirloin, but the menu states that a 6 oz grilled sirloin with a side of broccoli is only 250 calories. Everywhere I'm reading says that a 6 oz sirloin that's grilled without butter should be at least 300 calories. Am I missing something? Do they have special skinny cows that produce special steak?

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    There must be using a very lean piece from the sirloin area, trimmed of all fat. It is possible to get 6oz of the cut below at 240 calories, add in another 10 calories for the broccoli, I guess.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-products/7491/2
  • weavernv
    weavernv Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I get it all the time, and I believe it. It's very lean and very tasty. I usually get it without the pico de gallo on the top due to a tomato allergy and I love it.
  • dzlilo
    dzlilo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If they use "lean" or "extra lean" sirloin, then those calories listed from Chili's would be close to actual, but for raw/uncooked sirloin only. An average serving of broccoli would be around 30 calories.

Here's one source that shows lean cuts' calories: http://www.laurasleanbeef.com/healthy-beef

I would go for it and give it a 50 calorie margin of error. That's still a much better choice than most of the stuff on their menu. My husband ordered that sirloin and broccoli plate the other day actually!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't really believe it either, to be honest. And I've had it before.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    There's always those foods that feel far more substantial than their calories indicate. Personally, I LOVE those foods! Lol.

Lean steaks are right up there at the top of that list for me. If only I could afford to eat them every night!