What are some good weight loss shows for motivation?

Options
I enjoy watching weight loss shows while I eat a healthy meal, makes me chuckle inside.. :| pretty weird right? Anyways I like Supersize vs Superskinny, You Are What You Eat, The Biggest Loser and Secret Eaters. Are there any other good shows? I'm starting to run out of episodes :(

Replies

• MrMayoMan
    Options
    bump
  • SLSBurn
    Options
    Watch youtube videos from people who exhibit a truly well balanced lifestyle. Shows like this show extreme measures that result in another problem. If you're trying to lose weight for weight's sake and not ready to shed your old lifestyle for something better then you'll regain the weight and will feel worse off if that's not what you want to do. That's my advice, just look @ youtube videos and remember weight loss isn't end term, your weight will always fluctuate, make sure you build healthy habits and recognize portions and don't over exert yourself with exercise, 30-45 minutes of hard exercise is totally enough.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    "My 600lb life" On TLC, great show
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    "My 600lb life" On TLC, great show

^ Thank you! I youtubed it and found Melissa's 600lb Life Story and I'm watching it right now, very motivational! Thanks a lot :)
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I like "Extreme Weight Loss"... Chris Powell's transformations over a whole year with one person are truly motivational!
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    obese : a year to save my life, also a year long transformation program - there is a uk and us version x
  • Hollydolly0907
    Options
    I like "Extreme Weight Loss" and "I Used to Be Fat". "I Used to Be Fat" is on MTV; it showcases overweight people going to college who want to lose weight before starting their college years.
  • DMRinehardt
    Options
    I definitely love extreme weight loss! Great show. I do like the biggest loser, but think extreme weight loss is better for non-competitive folks. :)
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Watching people lose weight...while eating....and getting inundated with advertisements from kfc.....

http://patbarone.com/why-i-hate-the-biggest-loser/

I don't know....just seems.....well, dumb. People watch reality television because they wish their lives were better than they are. Most reality shows are fake, by the way. you need only to watch those repo shows to know that. Some of those cars they tow without keys cannot roll without the keys in the ignition.

Go out and make your own entertainment! Don't fall into the trap of reality television. It is complete idiocracy.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    TV shows that motivate me? My 600 lb life and any show that's on at the gym (= LOL.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    TV shows that motiviate me? hmmmm True Blood! Because seeing all those hot bodies makes me want to get one too! :laugh:
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I like "Extreme Weight Loss"... Chris Powell's transformations over a whole year with one person are truly motivational!

This is my favorite of them all. I do watch Biggest Loser too, but it's not as all-encompassing for me as EWL.
  • jmcnamar484
    jmcnamar484 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am really into a you tube "vlog" called "TrulyJess". She is an everyday girl but chronicles her weight loss journey for several years. She is up beat, positive, and motivating. I also follow her on instagram.
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Secret Eaters and supersize vs superskinny are all time favourites.

The first is about nutrition and how we are in denial about what we eat and how much we eat and the second is about putting extreme diets together (comparing an overweight person's diet to a unhealthily skinny one's).

You learn a lot about nutrition from both. Enjoy :)
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am really into a you tube "vlog" called "TrulyJess". She is an everyday girl but chronicles her weight loss journey for several years. She is up beat, positive, and motivating. I also follow her on instagram.

See, now that I can agree with. Watch something like that, not some 8 week stint where **** is made up for television entertainment (because, cmon, you wont watch it if they arent crying about how crappy their life is, or getting super excited like a manic/depressive).
    There are no advertisements (except for one or two ads for 15 seconds every few videos). And it shows long-term results.

Watch something that is meaningful, is what I am getting at. Watch something that you can try in your own life and be inspired by it, not entertained. You will never have the troubles of a 600 lb person, or do what he or she has to do day to day. You watch it because he/she is 600 lbs mother of god! and you are in it for the wow factor. That person knows it, the network knows it, and so do you.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    hungry for a change, forks over knives, youtube has lots of great nuttioin lectures from colleges, bbc has a series the truth about food, the weigh of the nation is a three part series, psyche truth on youtube puts out daily videos too, if you search for it you will find it. I love watching these shows for my daily inspriations or just listening to the podcasts on my mp3 player when I go walking or to the pool if I am not in a music mood,.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Not really motivation or weightloss but it is a great food based show. Supersizers go (you can find them on YouTube)

Eta When I say it's not motivation based I mean it's not about weightloss. It is motivational in the way that they show you the kinds of stuff people use to eat based on eras (yuck!!!) it's hard to explain but a great watch lol.