Fitbit

Options
I am new and would. like to know about the fitbit, Where is the best place to get one and what all do they help you keep track of,,Thanks in advance,,:smile:

Replies

• madhouse88
    madhouse88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine right from their website. Otherwise, Amazon would be a good place. I'm not sure if they're sold in stores, but perhaps Best Buy or Target carries them as well. I love it!! I have the Zip but wish I had purchased the Flex because I have a hard time remembering to wear my FitBit Zip every day.
  • Dball0227
    Dball0227 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I got mine at best buy. I have their credit card and used my reward points for it so it didn't cost anything either. They do have the full line of fitbit items if I remember correctly, even sell extra bands in different colors.
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I bought mine at Amazon, but you can also get them at sporting goods stores like D.ick's and department stores like Kohls.

Edit: because apparently MFP thinks every use of D--- is obscene even when used as a name
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Yep, Target, Best Buy, WalMart, or online. Shop around for a good deal. You can also find them on eBay - just look for new models from reputable sellers who accept returns in case there is a problem (I got mine on eBay in January, works great, no problems).

You can go to the FitBit website to compare the different models and what each one does for ya. Amazon is a great place to read customer reviews on each model.
  • MariahRea
    MariahRea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    check out the Jawbone Up24, it can also be found on amazon with great reviews. Check out the reviews from the fitbit and the jawbone and decide which one you like better. I personally like the jawbone and the reviews are better. Same price for both.
  • SilverG35Princess
    Options
    Yep, Target, Best Buy, WalMart, or online. Shop around for a good deal.

There aren't really any good deals to be had on them. Every place (with the possible exception of Ebay) is all within a dollar or so of MSRP and store coupons typically don't apply to Fitbit purchases. I purchased mine at Sport's Authority because I have Bank of America and they had a 10% back Bank Amerideal. Other than that, you're going to pay the same price pretty much any major chain you buy from.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    check out the Jawbone Up24, it can also be found on amazon with great reviews. Check out the reviews from the fitbit and the jawbone and decide which one you like better. I personally like the jawbone and the reviews are better. Same price for both.

I have to disagree. There is a software bug with the Jawbone that causes it to malfunction pretty consistently. I have read many many reviews on both and the FitBit seems to be more consistent. The Jawbone is smaller but the FitBit will last you a lot longer.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I got one through my insurance company for $25, and it was a waste of money.

The only thing they do is count your "steps," but they do so incredibly inaccurately.

If you're totally sedentary, it might help you get moving. But if you're active, it becomes a PITA. I have to take it off to work out, or it thinks that every rep is a step. I have to take it off to attend any event where I might be applauding, because it'll constantly go to sleep and wake back up. It's useless when walking or running with the dog (where I'm most active) because I switch hands, and it doesn't count the steps when I hold the leash with my left hand.

Pointless.
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I got one through my insurance company for $25, and it was a waste of money.

The only thing they do is count your "steps," but they do so incredibly inaccurately.

If you're totally sedentary, it might help you get moving. But if you're active, it becomes a PITA. I have to take it off to work out, or it thinks that every rep is a step. I have to take it off to attend any event where I might be applauding, because it'll constantly go to sleep and wake back up. It's useless when walking or running with the dog (where I'm most active) because I switch hands, and it doesn't count the steps when I hold the leash with my left hand.

Pointless.

That only happens with the Flex...I've found the One to be much easier to use and more accurate. As a woman, I can just clip it to my bra and then arm movements don't affect it at all.
  • Callidreamr
    Callidreamr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just got my Fitbit Flex from Costco yesterday for $99. It came with 2 black wristbands (small and large) and two extra bands (lime and hot pink) for the same price as the basic Fitbit at other stores. They sold out at one Costcos and I had to get it from another one.
  • fit_at_fifty
    fit_at_fifty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I bought a Fitbit Flex in Feb of this year and after 3 months it would not charge so I was sent a replacement. That didn´t even last for 3 months. I enjoyed using it while I had it (and I do miss it) but to be honest I would not waste your money. Unless of course you buy it from a retailer who will give you a refund if you do have any problems. I bought mine from Amazon and I did get a refund :) looking on the internet this is a common problem with them.
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have the One (used to have the Force) and I like it. Took advantage of a 10% discount at Radio Shack (I'm a military dependent - but not sure if that applies to all stores or just local.)

I like it, although I do have to take it off when doing a Sworkit full body - jumping has a tendency to drive it a little bonkers, but since I get those calories counted by Sworkit, and it's not that many steps out of the day, I don't lose sleep over it.

Oh, and make sure you don't miss turning off an alarm, it'll stop vibrating, but the battery will drain within hours, even if reporting fully charged. Had that happen twice during DragonCon)