Hips Hips Hips

Hey Guys! Does anyone know what the best exercises are to tone up my hip/lower belly area?? I currently run/walk at least a mile and a half every other day and do yoga, squats, crunches, etc. And if you view my thing, I do a lot of serious clean eating. Everything seems to be falling into place except my hips (ugh).

pointers?

thanks in advance :):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    I feel your pain! Unfortunately there is no such thing as spot reduction, nor will clean eating directly impact the size of your hips. My suggestion is (if you haven't already) to start weight training and build your upper body to achieve a more symmetrical look.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Heavy weightlifting will do it.
  • emmaleejay88
    emmaleejay88 Posts: 20 Member
    Great! that's what i figured. I know spot-reduce doesn't work. thank you guys :)
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    My hips are not budging either so you are in good company! I know logically they have to go down at some point so I guess it is a case of plodding on!
  • emmaleejay88
    hahaha i hear yah. everything else seems to be shrinking but those guys just won't leave. good luck to you :wink:
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Eating in a caloric deficit = fat loss.....That is all that you can do. No spot reducing. Just keep working at it.
  • emmaleejay88
    thanks! I have been. I've been looking into more like yoga and pilates as well as my regular runs to keep it up!