DAY 1 - 30 Day Challenge

Options
Good Evening!

Congrats to you all for doing such a great job today! Today has been a really busy one for me and the next few days will be quite hectic, but I have to get it in!

I weighed in at 168.8 which is what I use to call my heaviest ever. Funny because I was so happy to accomplish that goal. Before the second week of January I weighed 174.9 lbs. I have really lost about 6 pounds in the last 3 weeks and I am determined to lose 10 more during this challenge.

I am so happy that you all have decided to join me on this journey.

Replies

• sunshine18762u
    sunshine18762u Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Wonderful! I too am using the Wii 30 day challenge, but just getting statrd on it.. only my 2nd week..
    Good luck in your journey !
  • sandy4720
    sandy4720 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation! I'm still getting the hang of this. I went over today. I worked out half an hour with a tape. I don't know how many calories i burned. I'm thinking about 100 maybe less. It was all weight training which I love. I'm not going to kick myself about this because my muscles are killing me already. Tomorrow I run four miles and do weight training so in a way it might off set me going over a couple of calories.. okay, 300. Its a lot. Doing this really makes me realize how much I do eat. Half of the time I'm thinking of putting something in my mouth i think about how I have to put it in my log and let all of you down. Okay, tomorrow will be fine. I've already got two pounds down. I think I'm on the right track! I won't let you down Aleaglin! I promise! Its tough on 1200 calorie a day restriction!! More Salad to get full!!!
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    Im sore!!! But I love it. :O) I forgot to weigh myself in today :( but I will tomorrow and write it down on my blog. Hope everyone kicked butts today =^_^=
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I still have a little bit of working out to do...and this week as been HELL. But...I'm gonna stick to it and not let it get me down!

Weight was 244.6... :sad: Up 2lbs from Friday and up .2 from Monday...UGH
  • HillHoosier
    HillHoosier Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for starting this challenge!! When I first weighed in at 163 I was really depressed because that is the heaviest I've ever been. Joining this group has already given me motivation and I'm excited to lose weight and get healthy! Today I weighed in a 161.8 and I was under my calorie goal and made it to the gym. I'm really thankful for this group! Good luck everyone! Let's do this!!
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    This is gonna be a great challenge and I am determined to lose 10 pounds....

Weight today is 249.3, I am out of the 250's for the first time in at least 8 years, I am so motivated and ready to do this. I BARELY came in under my calorie goal today, went to Chili's for lunch and of course I had too many chips and salsa, but had soup and salad for lunch. I was waayyyyy over in sodium,and a little over in fat and protein, but ok on calories. Only did 30 min of treadmill which for me is not much, but didn't have time to get to the gym today...see you all tomorrow!! Hang int here.
  • bdavis1
    bdavis1 Posts: 13
    Options
    Great Job!!!!!!!! I can't wait until I can say the same.:flowerforyou:
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am brand new to this site and I'm eager to see what it's all about. This challenge was perfect timing for me! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all along the way.

Today I came in a little under my calorie goal and I did 65 minutes of cardio in addition to strength training. I had to make a rule that I only weigh myself once a week because I become scale obsessed and it messes with my head, but I'm looking forward to getting back on the scale in a week after doing this challenge to see the results. Good luck everyone!
  • bdavis1
    Options
    OK, OK I want in on this 30 day challange, Today I weighed 186 by Feb 26 I want to weigh 176lbs. I am going to try to reach my goal by running a track besides the gym. I think that will do it. I really enjoy working out.
  • melissapoulin
    Options
    what is this challenge all about?
  • bdavis1
    Options
    I understand what you mean about scale obsessed. I think I will put my in a closet and weigh in once a week. i am my own worst enemy because I get P
    d when I don't see a difference, besides getting discouraged.
  • melissapoulin
    Options
    what is the wii 30 day challenge... is it a game or something?
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    Options
    I understand what you mean about scale obsessed. I think I will put my in a closet and weigh in once a week. i am my own worst enemy because I get P

Exactly! I've been strength training and putting on muscle so it gets extra frustrating. I try to remember the scale is just one piece of the pie. Feeling good and fitting better in my clothes is more important, but I want that number to move, dammit! ;)

.......mmmmmm pie.
  • dekarlo08
    dekarlo08 Posts: 102
    Options

I had my husband hide my scale. I get it Friday for my end of the week weigh-in and Monday for my "how bad was the weekend" weigh-in.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    3 down 29 to go
    starting weight- 417
  • c_flannery
    Options
    I have had a great day today for the first day of the challenge. I got my 30 min cardio in and stayed within my calorie limit. I am actually finding it hard to eat all of my calories. I know you are supposed to get your net to 1200. I still have 200 left today after earning extra calories from exercising, but I'm not hungry at all so I don't see the point in eating something just for the sake of it. Any ideas?

Also good work everyone for day one! 29 to go. I'm loving this challenge. It's really great to have other people doing the same thing along with you... It makes you think twice before putting that bit of chocolate in your mouth!!!
  • Octomonkey
    Octomonkey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Woops, just saw this topic. Hows everyone doing?? I weighed in at 225.8 on Tuesday and also started the cardio on this day. So that's 3 down, 28 to go!! :D I felt a bit sluggish today and REALLY didn't feel like exercising. I did anyway and now I feel much better!!

c_flannery, I eat sunflower seeds for when I'm not that hungry but need some extra calories. I can't remember exactly how much they have but I think it's a good few :)
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    4 days down 28 to go (30 day challenge)
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    Options
    So, is there not going to be a daily post for this challenge? I'm kind of confused about how we are keeping up with one another.
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    Marcia, I am not sure either how we are doing this, i suppose we can take it upon ourselves to post a topic each day.