Boob exercises without the gym? creams and potions?

Options
Hello all,

I have just started on a HUGE weightloss journey and need some tips. Im very over weight and have very very large breasts (always had them even when slim)
Now when i have lost weight before the appearence of them has been awful, not just saggy but the skin has looked wrinkly. (horrible i know, sad but true)
I just wondered if anyone had any excercises that they found had improved the appearence by toning other muscles... if so what? And also if you have know any bust, skin firming creams to actually work?
I do not have access to a gym as i am a single parent of 2 very small children and i also work full time.

Any advice would be greatly recieved. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• jharlowlives
    jharlowlives Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You should wait until you've lost the amount of weight you're looking to lose and then get them reconstructed. I have had a breast reduction when I was 17 years old and it was the best decision of my entire life and they are perfect. Loose skin from your weight gain/weight loss yo-yo won't be fixed by anything else because you've stretched the tissue out too much. Good luck xx
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    No, there are not skin firming creams that work.

Strevectin works for stretch marks but is very expensive and you have to use it several times a day for it to be effective, but it does work. Costco sells it and they often have a 20 off coupon for 2 tubes making it around 100 bucks, which is way cheaper than department stores.

Good luck.
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Implants
  • mildammm
    mildammm Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water (keep hydrated) and hope for the best. There really isn't much you can do, unless we are talking complicated surgery.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    1PL0Dhf.gif
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I, too, am looking for a magic potion.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Chest exercises may help a tiny bit, but short of surgery you're out of luck. Chest exercises include bench press, chest/pec fly, push-ups, and dips. Don't expect your results this time to be drastically different from the results you've had in the past. When your skin stretches out and then goes back to normal, sagging/wrinkling is just reality. But hey, isn't it better to be at a healthy weight with not-so-great boobs than be very overweight with big ones? I think so. Then again, I've always had A cups.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as "toning", just to disabuse you of that notion.

So if you aren't going to do some sort of progressive load training? Hm.

Pushups, work on wide arm, close arm, different variants. Feet low on the ground, feet high up in the air. Etc.

You'll need to overload the pecs and work them. Those will get them activated, which could help with a "lift" of the mammary tissue. As for the wrinkling? Time. I've been told cocoa butter helps too.
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Also.. might I suggest this corset in the meanwhile?

nXYdioL.gif
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options

nXYdioL.gif

Can't. look. away.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options

nXYdioL.gif

Can't. look. away.

I love when chicks talk about their boobs.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Give it time, skin is slow to shrink in comparison with weight loss. Try chest flies, bench presses, pushups... you can try to build up the muscle under the breasts to see if you can "fill in" the skin a bit.

Honestly though, all boobies are going to look different when we're older, no matter how big or small, so I don't think its really something worth worrying about. The only people who should see them are VERY close and they shouldn't mind no matter what. Anyone else just sees them in a well supporting bra :)
  • jodielawson82
    Options
    Thanks for your advice.

So the skin firming claims of companies is basically a load of rubbish then? oh dear
    Pushups it is then.... while putting all my cake and wine money away for a boob job.

:-)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Correct.

The claims aren't verifiable, but man oh man they make money because people will buy them IN CASE it works! But yeah, false.
  • clewpage
    clewpage Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I lost 35lbs a few years ago and went from a 38 GG to a 32 DDD/F with minimal sagging and wrinkling.
    Here are my tips....
    Gravity is a b*tch when it comes to boobs, it takes an arsenal to combat it.
    Support the girls at all times...never go "free". Always have something containing the girls, underwire, sports bra, tank with bra built in, they need to be supported at all times.
    Buy quality bras....think of them as more than just underwear, it's an investment. I invested in a quality sports bra, Enell, and have loved it. When exercising, it keeps the girls high and tight with little to no jiggle or bounce, which in my mind means less pulling and stress on that thin tender skin.
    I also wear very structured bras during the day, and sleep in one of those soft stretchy pull on "sports bras" that girls with little boobs can wear tothe gym. They don't offer near enough support for exercise, but are great for keeping the girls in line while I sleep.
    I don't know if there is any science behind it, but I figure the less chance gravity has to pull them down (thus stretching the skin) the longer they will look perky.
    Other than reduction/lift surgery, I don't know how to reverse any current sagg or wrinkle, but those are my tips for preventing it further.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Chest exercises may help a teeny bit but since boobs are mostly fat and glands, there's not much you can do with your muscles to help. No creams or potions or whatever will help them look how you want them to look.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'd just say,try to lose as slowly as possible so your skin can 'keep up'

There are no magic creams (haha expensive) normal moisturiser, of your own preference, and exfoliating should help a little.

For this one, I know I'm going to get shot down but weights has worked for me. When I have lost in the past the girls have been the first to go but not this time. I have used a barbell and dumbells but I'm sure you could mimick that with progressive forms of push-ups. Just because I've experienced that this time doesn't necessarily mean that the weights are to credit for it, I know, I know - but it can't hurt :smile:
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice.

So the skin firming claims of companies is basically a load of rubbish then? oh dear
    Pushups it is then.... while putting all my cake and wine money away for a boob job.

:-)

Haha the skin firming claims they make are accurate to a certain extent - they just don't mention that you can get the same effects from any cream be it their £65 one or palmers at £3 or supermarkets own at 98p or whatever.

They test against someone using nothing.
  • jodielawson82
    Options
    [/quote]

Haha the skin firming claims they make are accurate to a certain extent - they just don't mention that you can get the same effects from any cream be it their £65 one or palmers at £3 or supermarkets own at 98p or whatever.

They test against someone using nothing.
    [/quote]

Good to know... i was just about to head off for some
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Anything that promises a miracle cure is rubbish. This applies to diet pills, supplements and any sort of cream that insists it will work as well as a facelift. Anything that promises to melt fat off your body is also rubbish. Same for ridding yourself of cellulite. This also applies to a LOT of exercise gadgets as well.

Really think about it. If there was a cream that you could rub onto your bits and make them fabulous...would you really need to ask about it?