High Carb Low Fat Vegans? Raw Till 4? 801010? etc.

Options
Is anyone else pursuing a lifestyle similar to this? I'm following a Raw till 4 program, and am just getting started, though this is not the first time I've attempted this. I never ate enough then, and I plan on consuming the minimum 2500 calories to do it right this time! And yes I am aiming to lose weight. If anyone else is doing this or something like it, I'd like to hear your thoughts and learn about the way you approach the lifestyle! Thank you. :)

Replies

• megkblk
    megkblk Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey! I've been a huge fan of Freelee's raw till 4 program for a while, and while I've failed to succeed on this lifestyle previously I can take full responsibility for not giving it my best shot. I under ate on carbs, was dehydrated and was constantly haunted by my supposed "lack of protein". Recently I've decided to give it another go and not be so strict about being "mostly raw". As long as my ratios are in line, I'm gonna go with it. Life's too short right??

I've been back on program from about two months and I feel great!! I even ran a half marathon the other week. The weightloss hasn't come as quickly as id like, so I really need to focus on my sleep patterns, lowering my sodium intake and drenching myself in water!

If you need any support I'd be happy to help!
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am a new vegan. I am not going to go full raw till 4, but I value the program highly. I have incorporated much more fresh fruit in my diet than every before. I just bought Freelee's book and I do think it works.

I'm still working on the big diet change to vegan/whole foods/no refined sugar. But the fruit is wonderful. I do eat it by itself and feel wonderful. Like Freelee said would happen on the raw till for 80/10/10 program, I lost a ton of bloat in the first 2 weeks of transitioning to the vegan/whole foods/no refined sugar diet. Eleven pounds! I can see the difference from the loss of bloat, and I'm only on the program 1 month.

Keep up the good work. I know it is working.
  • amberajdexter
    Options
    I used to be in super great shape, was into boxing, then a major car accident. Just getting back into the workouts now. Became vegan 3 years ago. "The kind diet" by alysha Silverstone(sp?) has some awesome recipes for a green power diet mostly green veg raw. Lots of super good info in there and not just recipes. Half the book is info. Highly recommended for any vegan or any diet along those lines. Best of luck with your raw diet!
  • laguna_babe
    laguna_babe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am seriously considering beginning the Raw Till 4 lifestyle. I have a question that I hope someone may be able to answer for me because I have not had luck finding the answer myself. Why is it best to eat fruits for lunch on Raw Till 4 rather than veggies? Everyone always talks about how they eat/drink fruit for breakfast and lunch and don't have veggies till after 4. Any information you may have about this is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am seriously considering beginning the Raw Till 4 lifestyle. I have a question that I hope someone may be able to answer for me because I have not had luck finding the answer myself. Why is it best to eat fruits for lunch on Raw Till 4 rather than veggies? Everyone always talks about how they eat/drink fruit for breakfast and lunch and don't have veggies till after 4. Any information you may have about this is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

I could be wrong but I think it's because raw fruit tastes a heck of a lot better than most raw (including unseasoned, unsalted) veggies. But maybe there is another reason?
  • herbertwest7734
    herbertwest7734 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

A big part of it is the vitamin and caloric value of the fruits compared to the veggies. Mostly the calories though. (to my understanding) In order for you to get the proper amount of calories eating mostly veggies you would have to eat like all day long. Veggies are wonderful for you and def essential, but they lack calories and vitamins found in fruits. As far as taste goes, the longer you are eating a mostly raw diet and not drenching your food with dressing, salt, fat, etc. the more you appreciate the wonderful flavors in veggies that used to taste bland to your over-driven taste buds.
  • orangesque
    orangesque Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

the point to having fruits for the majority of your meals is that you are getting tons of carbs (carbs = sugar in your system, which is what your cells are powered by). that's why it's called a 'high carb' low fat vegan lifestyle. veggies aren't going to provide the calories or carbs that fruits can. so you 'smash in the carbs' as they say by eating plenty of fruits for breakfast and lunch, then dinner is veggies along with some other high carb food, like rice or potatoes.

does this help?
  • greenstar888
    greenstar888 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight on this plan, you should do cardio at least every other day. The plan works if you're active but you will put on weight if you're not working out.
  • KrisBitz
    KrisBitz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just created a group for us Raw Till 4 Newbies! Feel free to join in and discuss! I'd love to hear from you as I am just starting my journey today!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100041-journey-to-the-raw-till-4-hclf-vegan-lifestyle