Looking for MFP Friends

Options
Hi, everyone! I am a 42 year old professional with 3 children who are starting to leave the nest . It's hard! I have so many pounds to lose that I am a bit embarrassed to tell you here! I am looking for motivational MFP friends to go through this weight loss journey together and with some humor! Let me know if you are interested!

Replies

• fitness4life78
    Options
    I'm AWESOME for Motivation!!!
  • Slinky92
    Slinky92 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    fitness4life7 are you funny too? :laugh: Just kidding! Adding you now! Thanks
  • scgarcia35
    scgarcia35 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 35 year old divorced mother of 5. I really want to make a positive change in my body image. I am keeping my calories below 1200 a day. I am also walking everyday.
  • annafiala
    Options
    I am a 25 year old graduate student who recently had surgery. I have gained slowly over the years, and want to get serious about getting healthy. I want to feel better about myself.
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    HI there :-) I'm a 47 year old newly empty nester myself! I have about 9 pounds to lose to goal (been working on it for 2+ years) so add me if you wish-Holly
  • toricolbert978
    toricolbert978 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a mother
    I have 70 pounds to loose would love to make friends on here wish you all the best on your wieght loss journey
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    you can add me, as long as you share your diary, I will always help you, I have been on here a long time, and have a ways to go weightwise (sweetjoanne)
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    30 yo single no kids BUT I log in daily! And I'm as motivational as I can be - most days - need more friends most of the people who were my "friends" had not logged in a month or so - I removed them!

I comment and like post daily!
  • focusedonfitness2015
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congrats on making the right decision to better your health....and you!

I'm always on and enjoy the friends I've made on MFP. They are truly inspiring and I love conversing with them.

I'm almost an empty nester....17, 15 and 6 (gulp) Guess its gonna be a while for me.

Feel free to add my if you like. I'm an open book. Literally...my diary is open..

Good luck and have a great hump day!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I am 55 years old and started on MFP 11 weeks ago. It has been great! I've lost 41 pounds already, but still a long way to go. I'm also almost an empty nester, 3 kids, the youngest is 17 - it won't be long now!
    I have kept my profile private so far, but what the heck. I really enjoy seeing all the support and motivation from the community posts. It's the best way to pick up knowledge and get great insight into any struggle I'm having.
  • alamarana2885
    alamarana2885 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    hello!

29 y/o here. have about 60lbs to loose. no kids, but i'm always looking for more friends here! feel free to add me.
  • LisaRadabaugh
    Options
    Getting back on track myself. Feel free to add me. I could always use the accountability of a friend here :)
  • lisseree
    Options
    I'm just starting on MFP too. I'm 39 and trying to get fit for the first time since college. I looked at a photo of myself in August and freaked out. I have the problem with having really POSITIVE self esteem and body image, even when I'm puffed up like the Pillsbury Dough Boy. :) Decided, with my 40th birthday looming in March, that this would be the perfect time to teach an old dog new tricks. My kids are 13 and 16, BTW, so not empty nested yet! I'm eating clean and making it to the gym for 30" cardio 5/week, and strength circuit 3/week. I believe I'm in week five right now. Weight is coming off slowly but surely, but I have a ways to go. Let's cheer each other on!
  • kbad35
    Options
    I need more friends too! I'm 36, work full-time & have two kids (ages 6 and 1). I've lost 12 pounds so far but I have a lot more to go!

I've fallen into a rut with eating all the same junk over & over again. I'd like to find friends to trade recipes & meal ideas with too!

Lisseree - I always thought that I was just a little overweight too but apparently what I saw in the mirror & what others saw (or a camera) was way bigger!
  • shamika6079
    Options
    Hi all! I am 21 years old! I have no kids! Just me! I have been wanting to go on a diet and exercise and eat right sense I was 19. I would normally work out but for some odd reason I gained muscle instead of loosing weight. I am currently at 141 lbs. But would love to loose at lease 10. To me that seems very hard because it will be my first time actually doing something like this. Help me out and don't be a stranger.
  • Tljordan40
    Tljordan40 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Add me as a friend. I love humor!!!!!:laugh:
  • Tljordan40
    Tljordan40 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. I am a 44 year old mother of three. I also have a long journey but I am ready for the challenge and having you as a MFP friend would be awesome!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    feel free to add me Im a mom of 2,a son 21 and a daughter who just turned 19. I am 40 and have been married to my hubby for 23 years. I could use the motivation as well as give it :) I have 52 lbs to lose. 8 months ago I only needed 36 lbs to lose but I gained some back :( but am going to try and get it right this time! I have been on the weight loss journey for almost 26 months now