Protocol for running topless outside

Options
Probably not allowed for females but the sun is out, I feel like running and I need some vitamin D. So I'm going to run outside without a shirt. Is that frowned upon?

Replies

• FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    not if you are hot :)
  • slvrsrfr
    slvrsrfr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Depends on your community standards. Speaking for North America I'd say it's fine if you're on running
    trails or running paths.

I find it more acceptable than just walking around outside with your shirt off. Go out and enjoy it. I do
    it but I run around my neighborhood and it's quieter, but I've never had anyone look at me askew!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    not if you are hot :)

Right. If you look like Matthew McConaughey then never under any circumstances should you wear a shirt.

If you're running down a road or in a very public place then wear one. On a trail, track, or dedicated running area then do whatever you like.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I can't, I look like a Wookie.
  • Snoozypaws3000
    Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I can't, I look like a Wookie.

LMAO - Fantastic :laugh:
    Maybe an all over body wax would help?
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    What do you mean "not allowed for females"? Is that why people always gawk and make mean faces at me?! :blushing:
    Honestly I don't know a woman out there that would like the feeling of running with no support for the girls! EEK

On a side note - unless there are laws against it in your community - do what makes you happy!:drinker:
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I see guys running with no shirts all the time. I've never given it a second thought.

Well, maybe a second thought if they are really fit. Then, maybe even a third thought.

And I do wonder about the guy who runs around my neighborhood without a shirt, but with a wool beanie on his head. But that's for different reasons.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Depends on your area. I see guys running shirtless and girls running in sports bras all the time in my area. They usually have a small pack with a shirt since they stop a paneras for a drink and when they jog/run/walk up to it they'll slip their shirt on. No body looks twice; young, old, fit, or some extra. They pretty much ignore runners/joggers/walkers. I think running/jogging is acceptable shirtless or with a sports bra, but not walking because it's seen as showing off at that point.
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Shirtless is okay I guess. IMO full nude is probably the way to go
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    What do you mean "not allowed for females"? Is that why people always gawk and make mean faces at me?! :blushing:
    Honestly I don't know a woman out there that would like the feeling of running with no support for the girls! EEK

On a side note - unless there are laws against it in your community - do what makes you happy!:drinker:

*shudders* The stretching of the ligaments and tissues inside our breast. :noway: Yep, I double regular sports bra or wear a tight compression sports bra if I'm doing something that involves up and down movement. I can't stop my butt from jiggling, but I can sure stuff the girls in a tight sports bra for they don't move and knock me out. :wink:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    <<<< Hell naw go for it. Sun's out, guns out (low caliber guns for me)
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Oh. Please, PLEASE do. And let me know when and where you'll be running.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I thought men called it running "shirtless."

And no, there is no protocol. Just take your shirt off and run. I live in Florida. Men in shirts look out of place, wookies included. But then I have a thing for wookies, so maybe I just notice the shirtless wookies more.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Depends on your community standards. Speaking for North America I'd say it's fine if you're on running
    trails or running paths.

I find it more acceptable than just walking around outside with your shirt off. Go out and enjoy it. I do
    it but I run around my neighborhood and it's quieter, but I've never had anyone look at me askew!
    I'm in North America and men run all over the place without a shirt. I never thought anything about it.

In some states, women can do this as well, though all I can think is, "Ouch!" (I've never seen a woman running without at least a sports bra.)
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I call it "unleashing the furry flesh flaps*....because that's what it looks like if I run "topless", you see....
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm female and if I could do it without knocking myself out, I'd do it! I'm sure the men would love it and the women would be all "that nasty ***** who does she think SHE is?" but talk about freeing! Guys who work out (in my region of the country/USA) wouldn't give it a second thought to take the top off. I would too, if it was safe! :laugh:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I see it quite often when it is hot outside. It also saves money on laundry.

The laundry thing is a huge benefit, except when you start with a shirt then stuff half of it down the front/back of your shorts
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of being arrested and tried for Crimes Against Humanity - so I leave mine on.
  • snamuduri
    Options
    As long as you don't have man boobs, I guess it should be ok. That is my pet peeve. Shirtless guys running while their man boobs flop around...
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you feel comfortable with. If you're in front of me though, it may inspire me to run faster. :wink: