The Biggest Loser Tonight - Menu Calories

Options
They showed a menu of 1097 Calories for the Unknowns. That was for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Did anyone else notice that?

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I did but I am thinking they consume more than that for snacks, maybe protein shakes? Those were just the meals that were made for them so maybe they knew exactly how to add them to the food they took care of on their own. So they knew what they could/could not eat maybe?
  • loseit4good52
    Options
    Yes, I did notice the calories on the Biggest Loser.....kind of low I think
  • brunettebetty
    Options
    Definitely did. There better be some healthy snacks they're not taking into account on that menu! lol
  • fullofhope
    fullofhope Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I missed the first 20 min of the show. What do you think of Dan? Or is it Doug? I don't remember. He has some deep rooted issues. Why does it always look like he is smirking? I think he is the one that gains 6 pounds next week.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i noticed that too!
    i am sure they eat snacks in between though... i hope :-/
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    When will they be showing the weigh in for this week? Sorry, I know that is off topic. But yes I did see it also and I am like the others and guessing that it doesn't include snacks.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Not surprised. While I've watched a few seasons of BL, and I think it's great that it inspires a lot of people, it's still a TV show; not necessarily the best vehicle to promote sustainable weight loss for most people. And I despise the "game" aspect of it, and how it encourages people to derail their mental and physical progress or someone else's.

However, to keep it in perspective, if those 1100 are really nutrient dense (high protein, good fats), and for someone with a LOT of weight to lose (and quite temporary) it's not that bad.

But again, I think sometimes they're a bit unmindful of the impact of some of those little details on the average person sitting on the couch. The little disclaimer about not undertaking a weight loss regimen without doctor's care and such is not nearly sufficient enough to discourage some people from trying some of the same things - and that's just irresponsible, IMO.
  • sweetestthing
    Options
    just think thats what they eat and the workout 6 hours a day atleast. thats why the lose so much weight.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Coming from someone that used to work in reality TV I can guaratee you that there are a lot of details of the show that are either not shown or spun a different way to the view. It is amazing that they lose so much weight but completely not practical for the average working human being. I have also heard that they go more then 1 week between weigh in but they tell you it is just a week so that the numbers are larger. All in all I hope these people really learn a healthy way of living and that God blesses them with the knowledge and ability they need to get healthy and stay healthy!
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    I have to be honest though, sometimes I wish that instead of going to my full time job I could be going to the Biggest Loser gym all day too;)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I have to be honest though, sometimes I wish that instead of going to my full time job I could be going to the Biggest Loser gym all day too;)

Me to :bigsmile:

But yeah I wasn't thinking about the snack and protein shakes. Even with that added...thats alot of snacking and shakes to consume to add to that total. I would think they would consume about 3000 calories a day because they exercise majority of it?

Unless they aren't really hitting the gym like that on a daily basis.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I missed the first 20 min of the show. What do you think of Dan? Or is it Doug? I don't remember. He has some deep rooted issues. Why does it always look like he is smirking? I think he is the one that gains 6 pounds next week.

Yeah he needs to let that stache go!! I hope he doesn't gain the weight but I can do without him on the show. He irks me.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    When will they be showing the weigh in for this week? Sorry, I know that is off topic. But yes I did see it also and I am like the others and guessing that it doesn't include snacks.

Not until next week when they bring the unknowns back.
  • marquesj
    Options
    So I was watching BL on tivo So now I am looking at this menu.. for a total calorie count of 1097 for the day.. Wow!

Bfast~ Hot Muesili with mixed fruit is what I think that says~ What is Muesili?
    Lunch ~Green Pizza and Beet Soup~ Never heard of that either!
    Dinner~ Cafe Salad with Chicken and Mango Sorbet.. Ok that I know of Im sure there was no dressing on that salad!

With working out 6 hours a day and eating like this no wonder they loose so much weight..
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    OMG yes! I kind of figured that though...Those contestants have got to have super low calorie intake to be dropping their "hydrated fat"....
    but wait..did you see my guy Arthur eat that chicken leg for the win..LOL..At least it wasnt the pizza..
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    So I was watching BL on tivo So now I am looking at this menu.. for a total calorie count of 1097 for the day.. Wow!

Bfast~ Hot Muesili with mixed fruit is what I think that says~ What is Muesili?
    Lunch ~Green Pizza and Beet Soup~ Never heard of that either!
    Dinner~ Cafe Salad with Chicken and Mango Sorbet.. Ok that I know of Im sure there was no dressing on that salad!

With working out 6 hours a day and eating like this no wonder they loose so much weight..

Mueslix (brand name) is a cereal (kind of like the original Kashi) - guessing it's that?
    Assuming green pizza would be a veggie pizza (with some kind of substitute for crust)
    Dressing would probably be lemon juice or something.
  • marquesj
    Options
    I looked all over the grocery store tonight for Musilex or Muesili still not sure what it is.. Oh I know I will Google it!
  • boopsiegrl
    boopsiegrl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I read or heard that the most calories ever eaten on Biggest Loser was a daily total of 1500 calories for the largest contender and the others eat far less. Then they work it off Calorie for Calorie
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Muesili is a swiss oat/dried fruit nut based cereal a bit like your granola
  • emmascott
    emmascott Posts: 249
    Options
    I looked all over the grocery store tonight for Musilex or Muesili still not sure what it is.. Oh I know I will Google it!

Muesli originates from Switzerland - a cereal full of oats and other flakes , fruit and, nuts etc. I eat it with cold milk, not warm. Apparently eaten soaked, or warm helps your body digest it better. Higher in cals than other cereal.