starting over ....again

Options
Yes, again. I am tired of starting over. Sick of it actually, but for reasons that I will not bore you with here, some of which were out of my control, some of which were, I am back at square one. I have decided to forgive myself look forward and move on. No point dwelling on what was....

Replies

• tayleigh4
    tayleigh4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Today is a perfect day for a new beginning, definitely don't dwell on the past. Look forward to your future! You also need to dig deeper as to why you have to keep starting over. There must be a reason, whether it is mental/physical/emotional, you need to figure it out so you can prevent yourself from letting it happen again.
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I also am a "returner". I got tired of my coworker asking if I was "expecting" when I wasn't :grumble:

I joined back in January - since then I've lost almost 40 pounds. Yet I seem to have lost my way to my diet again...

I have met a lot of awesome and encouraging people on this site and I find the more the merrier!

Please feel free to add me! I'm on everyday!

Anyone is free to add me!

:drinker:
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Diva! Perfect mindset, too. Just keep logging and the rest will follow.
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I also am a "returner". I got tired of my coworker asking if I was "expecting" when I wasn't :grumble:

Lol! I get that about once a week. :explode:
  • tehdux0r
    tehdux0r Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm returning as well. I was in a bad place back in Feb., but I'm much better now, and it's time for me to do this right :)
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Also a returner (this is my 6th? 7th? time). I'd be happy to support you. It's hard coming back, but you're not alone!
  • rmatheson58
    Options
    Diva, don't beat yourself up over failure. I too am returning but with new information that I learned recently. please watch a movie called "Fed Up" on cable or from the video store, it will explain why we all have nutrition issues and it's not our fault. It's about the quality of food we have available to us. Forget all the crap about diets, excerise, and eating to much. The problem is only one item that causes all the problems and that's........SUGAR. Eliminate sugar which means only eating foods without sugar and all the other stuff will correct itself. I am down 15 lbs in two week without excercise. Good luck

Robert
  • DivaDanea
    Options
    I know the reasons, part of them are related to surgery and an injury so they both sidelined me for months. However, that is just an excuse, I did not help myself while being sidelined. I am not beating myself up over it though, just accepting it and moving on! Rmatheson, I agree, sugar is definitely a problem. I am thankful that I cook all or at least 90% of my own food from scratch so I can control those types of things, however, I am a sucker for sugar like the rest of us. Working on cutting that out of the diet. Not sure I can do cold turkey but that may be the way to go. I am basically tired of my joints being in pain because of weight rather than because of my super activity. Part of my issue is that I have had a hamstring injury due to my activity level. It is healing but so slowly! I am finally able to walk again without too much pain and I started my running program back at the baby step level until I am pain free. So things are coming along. I am like everyone else though, just want it gone once and for all!!
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Agree with Rmatheson on the culprit. I too am coming back. Figured out I eat sugar when I'm stressed. Need to find a substitute for the sugar or get rid of the stress. Latter is unlikely, so need to work the former. Just joined a new gym, so that might help. Anyway, lets keep this post going so we can support each other.
    What is working for you. Don't really care what doesn't.
  • sagefae
    Options
    Welcome back! And good for you for deciding it's time to start again. I've also recently come to MFP after some time away, and realized that the support worked, as I had gained back what little I had lost. We can do this!

Sent you a friend's request. Anyone else is free to send me one as well; I'm on here every day.
  • STAYSEAH
    STAYSEAH Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have returned as well. It does work! Just have to keep it up!
  • gonzanab
    gonzanab Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You should see this as a new beginning rather than starting over. The fact that you've forgiven yourself is a huge step to making your life better in the long term.
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    So, how did everybody's week go? Worked out for 7 days, no wt. loss. Not sure what's going on.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi

The best place to begin is at the beginning.

All you have to do is lose 1 pound 180 times. Not 180 pounds, all at once.

That kick to get it done comes from inside....

The fact you are reaching out and being honest about your struggle is a sign of growth and progress, for which you should be commended. Take comfort in that.

The difference between MFP and everything else? If you adopt the mindset that its a lifestyle change & not a diet, the rest will fall into place.

The past is done. The future will be here soon enough. Try and focus on today & today only. Its all we have to work with.

4.5 months ago, I weighed 312 pounds. I woulda been dead in 5 years if I hadn't made this commitment. All signs were pointing that way.

Just a few things the MFP tribe and common sense has taught me:

1) This is a thing you DO, not a definition of who you ARE. Just like laundry. Take the emotion out of it wherever possible. I cannot stress this enough.

2) My approach? This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. So there is no finite number of days that I am trying to get to. I will be logging in and logging food for the rest of my life, because:

a) This program works
    b) I don't want to die young and I was headed that direction

3) Try to remember - We are the results of the choices we make every day, whether those choices are good or bad. Make as many good choices as you can, and the ship will stay steady. At the end of the day, we are the man in the mirror. We are accountable to ourselves and no one else. We can help you with getting there, but the doing is up to you. Leave rationalizing at the door, and continue to be honest with yourself. Its the only path to long term success

Cal tracking is considered a good choice (whether boring or not) because it tells you where you really are (just like your check register tells you your balance) - remember to be honest with yourself all the time. Ultimately, you will achieve that which you are seeking much sooner.

Knowing that plus the support I get from my MFP buds make enough difference that Ive lost 39 in 141 days without doing anything stupid. You just find what works and then hammer the crap out of it, staying in the present while doing so.

If you will stay committed to this, your MFP tribe will commit to helping. Why? Because that's what we do. And we have ALL been there.

You only get one chance to live your life.

FR on the way.

Fsunami
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!!

I agree with the above. Its a new beginning. We cannot change the past. We can only work with today.

What will you do Today to make the changes YOU Want? Only you truly control what you do each day.

We're here to help.

Why are you ready now? What is your goal?

Write those things down, especially WHY..... then when you're having a tough time you have something to refer to.

Nancy
  • JULES1801
    JULES1801 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh, so in the same boat. Lost 120 pound & now have gained 30+ back. Hurt my back & lost the ability to do impact exercises & now I'm at a loss. Have started bike riding & treadmill but am not feeling the results as quick or consistent as I did when I was doing kickboxing. Feeling very discouraged. :frown:
  • onelovejenn
    Options
    Good for you for returning. It happens to everyone, but what's important is that you are here now! Start logging EVERYTHING, and before you know it you will be a couple of weeks in and going strong. Getting started is the hardest part for me, and you have done it. Congratulations! :wink:
  • denniwf
    denniwf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am starting over too. Just take it one day at a time. good Luck!!
  • cartr1dge
    cartr1dge Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    there are reasons and excuses.
    starting a thread like this makes me think you have excuses.
    just make this **** happen.
    move forward.
    progress.
  • anita662
    Options
    Starting over again. I had so much success that I am ashamed that I let it go. I won't go into details but this past year threw everything at me that it could. Well I got through it and I know I could handle it again only not with excessive eating. I grew a Muffin Top that I never had and never want again. So here we go again. Wish me luck.:smooched: