24 Day Challenge!!!

Options
Okay so I have heard about the 24 day challenge and have seen amazing results friends and strangers have had with this. I have decided to go ahead and try it. My cravings are horrible and I am so very tired no matter how much I work out and how well I eat. I have been told by a good friend of mine how she also felt tired and since she has done this program she has had so much energy and just alltogether feels better (oh did I mention she looks amazing!!). She also tells me this helped her with her craving fatty foods which is a huge plus. I'm very excited to try it. Anyway I was wondering if anyone on here has tried it and how they liked it. Any tips or suggestions about this is highly appreciated as well. :happy:

Missy

Replies

• MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Tried it. Didn't like it. The cleanse phase was fine, managed to get down the fiber drink with minimal issues. The second phase killed me. I felt absolutely horrible, had no energy, could barely keep the meal replacement shake down let alone food. Biggest waste of money ever in my opinion
  • enzosmama
    enzosmama Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I use Advocare supplements and meal replacement shakes- I've done two 24 day challenges and I basically maintain at the "max" phase. I don't know that it helps me a TON but I like the shakes and the spark. I'm thinking about ditching the MNS because it's so expensive (even with a discount- I'm a distributor) that I don't know it's worth it. GL.
  • Shanize94
    Options
    Hi I was just wondering what is the 24 day challenge?
  • reneegoldsberry
    Options
    Yes what is this challenge?
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    It is an Advocare gimmick.

You buy a bunch of supplements, drink mixes, and a specific program to "jumpstart your weight loss".

First off, our bodies do NOT need any type of 'cleanse'. That is what your kidneys and liver are for. ;)

Seriously, it has no other benefit than eating regular healthy meals and drinking plenty of water.

However, I guess there are people who believe you need stuff like this?
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Tried it. Didn't like it. The cleanse phase was fine, managed to get down the fiber drink with minimal issues. The second phase killed me. I felt absolutely horrible, had no energy, could barely keep the meal replacement shake down let alone food. Biggest waste of money ever in my opinion

Oh your the first person that has told me about a negative experience.... thanks for the response :)
  • MissyK222
    Options
    I use Advocare supplements and meal replacement shakes- I've done two 24 day challenges and I basically maintain at the "max" phase. I don't know that it helps me a TON but I like the shakes and the spark. I'm thinking about ditching the MNS because it's so expensive (even with a discount- I'm a distributor) that I don't know it's worth it. GL.

did you gain a good amount of muscle?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

You won't gain muscle in a calorie deficit, or through taking Advocare products.
  • MissyK222
    Options
    There are a lot of gimmicks out there and I'm not the type of person to just jump into something that I haven't seen with my own eyes that it could help. I have numerous friends who have gotten great results and most importantly feel great. It might not help me but why not try? will it help if you just take the supplements but then eat crap and not work out... no.. its not magic but if you eat right and exercise with this, it has the potential to help. I'm new to it but if it helps awesome but if it doesn't well then I'm not any worse off :)
  • bjjonesabc
    Options
    check out program fitness pal worked good for me..Bill
  • MissyK222
    Options

You won't gain muscle in a calorie deficit, or through taking Advocare products.

oh right... I think I asked the wrong question lol I meant did you take the catalyst and if so did it make you muscles look more defined?
  • fabulousmomma
    fabulousmomma Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It is an Advocare gimmick.

You buy a bunch of supplements, drink mixes, and a specific program to "jumpstart your weight loss".

First off, our bodies do NOT need any type of 'cleanse'. That is what your kidneys and liver are for. ;)

Seriously, it has no other benefit than eating regular healthy meals and drinking plenty of water.

However, I guess there are people who believe you need stuff like this?

I totally agree with you old momma! People get so wrapped up in gimmicks and buying stuff that claim to make you thin and fit....but the truth is eating right, and drinking water and incorporating some kind of exercise is all we as humans need.
    Good luck to you though if you decide to do the challenge!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

oh right... I think I asked the wrong question lol I meant did you take the catalyst and if so did it make you muscles look more defined?

Muscle definition come from a lower body fat.

A lower body fat come from eating at a deficit.
    Lifting weights will help retain LBM, which in turn also helps the definition.

No gimmicks required.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    What are you going to do on the 25th day?
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    It seems this topic crops up about every other day. If you search "24 day challenge" you'll find no shortage of similar threads.

As for me, I'm about 24 weeks (vs 24 days) into changing my life for the long term and I feel great! I didn't use any products or supplements, and instead focused on changing my eating and exercise habits.

PS no, I don't use Advocare and I think it's completely unnecessary and generally a bad idea all around. Save your money. ;)
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    How about the rest of our lives challenge? Just curious, but what happens on day 25?
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I did it and liked it a lot - I have to say thouhg, you can probbaly get the same results if you just follow the diet.... which is a deficit.... Im an Advocare distributor (for the discount, Ive never actually sold any LOL) because I buy the spark and the protein shakes... but I can send you the "diet" if you want - I mean, honestly, i think thats what made the biggest difference - just eating right!!

It was really nice to have a "program" to "kick start" this journey and I did lose 12 pounds during the challenge - Ive lost about a pound a week since then. I only drink the Spark now - no juice or sode or coffee - well done Advocare you reeled me in!! And i really like it.

I guess I can say that during the 24 days i felt great - yes - i never experienced lack of energy, my bowels were finalyl normal 9which was most likely due to the no dairy / limited to no carbs) and the first two days i had major, major, major candy cravings - but then they were gone.

If you are the type of person who needs like a kick start to get something rolling, then go for it. if you can just do the diet and stick with it, then Id skip purchasing the products - shhhhhhhhhh dont tell advocare I said that though!!!!
  • vixen0babs
    vixen0babs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Okay so I have heard about the 24 day challenge and have seen amazing results friends and strangers have had with this. I have decided to go ahead and try it. My cravings are horrible and I am so very tired no matter how much I work out and how well I eat. I have been told by a good friend of mine how she also felt tired and since she has done this program she has had so much energy and just alltogether feels better (oh did I mention she looks amazing!!). She also tells me this helped her with her craving fatty foods which is a huge plus. I'm very excited to try it. Anyway I was wondering if anyone on here has tried it and how they liked it. Any tips or suggestions about this is highly appreciated as well. :happy:

Missy

Hi, I just completed Phase 1 of the challenge, the "cleanse" so to speak. Let me tell you what it includes: it includes their energy drink Spark, which is basically no different than any other "sugar free" energy drink you find on the market - caffeine and a bunch of vitamins and sucralose. The cleanse also includes "Omegaplax" which is basically fish oil, an "herbal cleanse" pill, and a "fiber drink". A lot of people complain about the fiber drink because it resembles the texture of sawdust mixed with water (very thick and pulpy). You could buy all of these things at your local pharmacy for cheaper than you get with what they are selling you, but I chose to do it because it was all laid out in a plan. They recommend you drink "half your weight" in water. I'm 120#, so that means 60 oz. of water. I averaged about 90-100 oz of water a day and still became so incredibly constipated. Day 1 was tough. My body was going through some dramatic diet changes... The spark made me pee a lot and I lost 4 pounds in the first 4 days. I was thrilled, my tummy was feeling flat again. But I noticed, when was my last BM? I felt OK but I could feel the pressure starting to build up in my guts. Carry on, it will happen eventually...right? Fast forward to Day 10, haven't had a BM in days, nearly a week. Feeling super sluggish and bloated - the reasons I started this to begin with. Total weight loss: 2# (notice I gained half of my previous loss back)...
    -My advice - skip the 2nd recommended Spark and drink water, in fact, drink twice as much water. Drink water until you want to throw up. That is my advice if you want to do this...

I paid for the entire program so I am going to muster through. I am skipping Spark for a few days to see if that aids in getting my system back to normal. I have never used a thermogenic before, so I'm curious to see if this will help ignite some fat loss that I have been struggling with.

All in all, this system isn't for everyone. I have heard both sides and wish I could say my experience was positive. I would NOT recommend the cleanse to anyone who is sensitive to their fiber sources.
  • Dregg
    Dregg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just started, on day 4 of the cleanse portion of the challenge. I basically agree with a lot of the comments thus far that a healthy diet is the real success behind any challenge.

That being said, I do feel more energy so far. Only 1 spark a day for me, but I stopped drinking soda and coffee. That alone is a plus for me, used to drink way too much soda. We shall see how it goes, I will keep you posted if anyone is curious. Just shoot me an email.

Dregg