Sick Food.

Options
I am at a loss today. My stomach is revolting against me and my throat feels like I ate a light bulb. However I don't want this to ruin my progress but I have been forcing myself to eat all day (when I wake up from my 4 hour naps >.< ) and just wanted to facepalm when I saw I've only managed 300 calories today. Everything but Jello hurts my throat. I tried chicken broth but when it's hot it hurts my throat when it's cold or room temp it tastes nasty. What do you guys do when you're sick? Should I just say screw it? and get back on track when I feel better? I'm just afraid because usually after I've been sick I'd binge for the next few days and I don't want to get back into that habit. Portion control has been really hard for me so throw some ideas out there for me.

What is some good sick food?
Should I even bother with proper nutrition or wait til this passes?
What do you guys eat when smells send you running to the toilet and your throat is sore?

If I don't reply it's not cause I don't love you guys and appreciate the advice it's because I'm on the couch and probably fell asleep again. I am a pro at sleep today.

Replies

• ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I think being sick is one of those things were people can understand if ur super under calories its not your fault it just happens. Just drink plenty of fluids ( OJ ) and get better soon and when you are better pick up right where you left off
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Just relax and get better. Drinking a lot of fluids is probably the only thing to worry about now.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I always go to the BRAT(Y) diet. Bananas, rice, applesauce, toast and yogurt. The most inoffensive thing I find is plain white rice with cinnamon and a tiny bit of milk steamed into it. Chamomile tea with lots (a tablespoon or more) of honey and cinnamon is good for a sore throat. Stick with soft foods and drinks that aren't too acidic; stay hydrated and don't worry if you're not hungry, just eat in small portions when you can. Pretty much any food that would be bad for you if you were trying to lose weight/be healthy will also be bad for you if you're sick, so don't worry too much about that!

I hope you feel better soon. :frown: :flowerforyou:
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Awww, sorry you are in such a crumby state. Just rest and stay hydrated. I also agree with the other poster that suggested the BRATY foods if you are feeling well enough to consume something. You can get back on track when you are feeling better. Also, you may want to make a note in your food log for later reference that you haven't been feeling well. So you know when you look back at your food journal why there were not any entries.