Water Retention

Options
I log everything I eat....and I mean EVERYTHING. I have spinal issues so exercise is very difficult for me so I do very little and very light impact things. I'm usually low on my sodium intake and since I eat lots of fruit I'm high on my sugar intake. My problem the last month is that I'm retaining so much water. My hands are swelling terribly and I feel miserably bloated. Any advice that may help me out?

Replies

• fitness4life78
    Options
    Oh my :( I wished I knew what to do for you.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Could it be related to a separate medical issue? Or have you started eating a different brand of something recently? I've noticed sodium levels are very different on some of the same foods but different brands. Or could it be related to a medication?
  • BenjaminS_Fitness
    Options
    Sounds like a medical problem. you gotta go to a doctor this is not the place to search for medical help.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    if your hands are swelling you should see a doctor (or call). It could be nothing but it could also be a symptom of a problem
  • Redneckgirll
    Options
    I saw my Dr. on Monday and she said its nothing medical. I have had no changes in medications. She has insisted it is related to something I'm eating/drinking. I drink on average 64-72 ounces of water a day and 2 protein shakes a day that I make with half water and half skim milk. I have gone back through my food logs and I see nothing that would out of the ordinary or higher in sodium than normal for me. Thanks everyone for your input.:smile:
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I saw my Dr. on Monday and she said its nothing medical. I have had no changes in medications. She has insisted it is related to something I'm eating/drinking. I drink on average 64-72 ounces of water a day and 2 protein shakes a day that I make with half water and half skim milk. I have gone back through my food logs and I see nothing that would out of the ordinary or higher in sodium than normal for me. Thanks everyone for your input.:smile:

Sorry I can't help, but I am glad it isn't anything more serious
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I would ask for a second opinion and also open your diary so people can be of more help.