Water Weight

Options
Today when I was eating lunch, I drank like at least three glasses of water with it. I felt so full (fat) with all that water. Does water weight affect your weight? Like if you drink too much, will it make the scale go up? I know that's probably a basic question, but I don't get it. I don't guessmy brain knowledge is working very well today. :laugh:

Replies

• polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    If you eat to much sodium you can retain it but if you drink more water you will also expel more water. Water is always good for yah. Your urine should have a light yellow color to it. If its darker yellow u are dehydrated.
  • Halpinj
    Options
    Yes you weight will go up when you drink a lot of water.. DO not step on scale every day.. it will only frustrate you because of water retention.. try picking a day of the week such as Monday or Tuesday and step on scale same day every week, you will see more changes that way.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Anything you put in your body will make your weight go up temporarily. But your body will get rid of a lot of that water later. Only when you don't get enough water will you get water weight. You need to keep drinking enough water to keep the weight loss going.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If you eat to much sodium you can retain it but if you drink more water you will also expel more water. Water is always good for yah. Your urine should have a light yellow color to it. If its darker yellow u are dehydrated.

Or else you have a surplus of B vitamins in your system.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys. I think I understand it now. :smile:
  • MrX8503
    MrX8503 Posts: 67
    Options
    Water weight means essentially nothing unless you're a wrestler. Water passes in and out of you everyday, fat does not. If you gain fat that is something you should be worried about as that weight is stored.