Sick...

Options
So what do you do when you're sick? I have to drink a lot of juice right now and it's very high in calories. :(

I still need to eat. Ugh. I am just going to give up the ghost for three days, eat my alloted daily intake, not count the juice, do my juice for three days, and be done with it.

In three days I will just go back to no juice. Normal calories.

Replies

• lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Why don't you have the actual fruit? Have an orange instead of orange juice? Ramp up on fruits and veggies and rest.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't and don't count calories when I'm sick. I probably end up eating less anyways just from lack of appetite.

I say don't sweat it. Rest, recover, and restart the counting and exercising once you're better.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    why do you have to drink a lot of juice?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

the vitamin C obviously rids the body of the viral toxinz.
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
  • Original_Sinner
    Original_Sinner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    unless you have a high fever or are throwing up constantly you do not HAVE to drink a lot of juice.

You need a lot of liquids in the two previous examples because you risk becoming dehydrated at an accelerated rate, with throwing up you also risk a tear if you throw up on an empty stomach. But there is nothing wrong with water. In fact, if you are throwing up, water would be best because juice curdles and comes up in all shades and textures of wrong.

eat fruit (if you can) drink water and you will be fine.
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Because it's cranberry juice. Um.. No... Not eating that straight.

Because my doctor told me to drink it....
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    for the health benefits just check its actual cranberry juice and not just cranberry flavoured sugar water

health shops often sell cranberry capsules. All the benefits without the extra sugars
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    are we talking about a UTI here?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    are we talking about a UTI here?

really the only reason I can think of why cranberry juice would be recommended, and why would that be the only consumable?