Dresses and skirts: thighs sore from rubbing together

Options
13»

Replies

• yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    bodyglide!

deodorant and cornstarch or baby powder usually rub off too quick for me.

Undersummers are awesome too (i only get the grab bag since it's much cheaper) and I've heard good things about bandelettes. If you google both they should come up.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Mine never bothered me even at my heaviest but baby powder feels great.
  • Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    I wear yoga shorts under my dresses

^^^^ this
  • dorkyfaery
    dorkyfaery Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Another endorsement for Body Glide here. I have the same issue and didn't wear dresses and skirts for years because of it. Now I wear them all the time.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I had that problem at my heaviest which compelled me to lose weight as I carry most of my weight in my thighs. It feels great being lighter again:happy:
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options

This. My thighs have ALWAYS rubbed together (since I was a boney little kid) so shorts under my skirts/dresses was never an exclusively modesty-based thing... :grumble:
  • sssygirl
    sssygirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Jockey Skimmies Slip Shorts! I love them! I wore them under my skirts and dresses all summer..even when we went to Disney in August!

They run about $20 each but Im sure you can find a sale. And they come in a ton of colors!
  • tmjdunn
    tmjdunn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Body glide is awesome, but I have started to wear mens boxer briefs under my skirts to prevent chafing. It is also nice because I don't have to worry about moving around with my toddler ans flashing people as much either.
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I swear by BodyGlide - it is meant for runners and you can get it on amazon or at sporting goods stores! It looks like a deodorant stick and goes on clear and non-greasy.

http://www.bodyglide.com/products/for-her/

Same here... love this stuff for bra bands that dig in!
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I liked the lanacane (sp?) stuff, ran out though. (Seriously, it is great when running a 10k in a kilt or less...)
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

This or a split slip (looks like baggy shorts...)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Underarm deodorant. Works like a charm.
  • talkingtohope
    Options
    For the inflammation, though, cortisone cream works well.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    Options
    I liked the lanacane (sp?) stuff, ran out though. (Seriously, it is great when running a 10k in a kilt or less...)

Wait......where do I sign up to watch a kilt-less 10k?:happy:
  • oremus1
    oremus1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I used to wear skirts when hikinh in hot weather.

These are my top products

1) VERY STONG ANTI PERSPIRANT - must be anti perspirant. no sweat no chafe. reapply often to the affected area but not on broken skin. works every time. .

OR

2) http://www.bodyglide.com/products/original/ - I have tried this and it also works, especially for sensitive areas like butt crack chafe. its great since you don't need to reapply often (ir glides, doesn't rub off) and it can be used on chafed skin

apply to thighs, butt crack, muffin top underflab, underboob. between sweaty folds.
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've hated skirts and dresses for years mostly because of this but also because I just hate the way my legs look. My thighs are my biggest area where I carry weight (well thighs, butt and hips!) and I feel like I've got cankles. If I do wear a dress for some reason I put cotton exercise leggings capri length underneath a skirt/dress that goes to my ankles. To have thigh gap would be heavenly!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options

This or a split slip (looks like baggy shorts...)

Another vote for a split slip - they're awesome. When I found them a couple of years ago, I started wearing dresses and skirts again - it was amazing!

Of course, I've ditched a lot of the weight now, so I don't need to use them so often...
  • gidget_05
    gidget_05 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I only wear long skirts so I use dry stick deodorant but mamaw swore by corn starch
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    bike shorts. i wouldnt leave home in a dress without them.