Giving it Another Try

Options
Hello,

This is my 2nd week on my weight loss journey. I have cut out breads (my favorite), junk foods, red meats, soda and juice. I'm not craving anything, I have been on many different diets and I think in a way it has made this transition easier for me.

The only problem that I have experienced is I don't have an appetite for anything, I'm forcing myself to eat... Is this normal? Have anyone experienced this?

I'm eating vegetables, fruits, lean meats, greek yogurt, granola, and drinking lots of green tea and water. (This is just an example of the foods I eat, I eat other things just too many to name)

Replies

• fabulousmomma
    fabulousmomma Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey, I cant relate to not having an appetite, but I just wanted to wish you all the best!
  • fire7ice
    Options
    When I started eating a lot of fruit, veg, wholewheat stuff and leaner chicken and meat.... I started finding it a chore trying to eat my way through the calories for a day. Sometimes I didn't want to eat anything more by evening.... when I still had calories left.
    Foods that are fatty or sweet and often high in calories are so easy to eat and can often leave you still feeling hungry soon after eating them. Healthy foods usually fill you up and keep you feeling full for longer.
  • ambitiousclaire
    ambitiousclaire Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Fabulousmomma,

I appreciate you just responding with your kind words, Thank you! :happy:
  • fabulousmomma
    Options
    No problem! Be positive and stick with it....at least that's what I keep telling myself!
    :flowerforyou:
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    This happened to me when I first started dieting as well there are time I would be at about 800 cals and literally not want to eat anything its just a transition period your appetite will come back soon just eat whenever your body tells you to for now
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Keep going... you'll get an appetite back. Your appetite is changing and it will start to look forward to the healthier choices that you're making.

Technically, your gut bacteria drives appetite and craving, and it is selective. As you change your diet, you change the makeup of this bacteria -- and as the new combination takes hold and begins to flourish, you'll start having an appetite again (and you'll desire foods common in your new diet).
  • fabulousmomma
    Options
    Oh, breads is a hard one for me too!!!! But did you know that sourdough bread has next to nothing in the sugar content in comparison to other breads?

So I buy sourdough bread and have that once in awhile, remember we cant give up everything, small changes will develop into big victories!
    :smile:
  • soha132
    Options
    Oh, breads is a hard one for me too!!!!

Me, too..

I don't miss anything else beside bread!
  • ambitiousclaire
    ambitiousclaire Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Everyone,

Thank you for replying to my question, everything that was mentioned was really helpful.

Good luck to all of you on your journey!