Foolish Mistake, Lesson Learned

Options
acknan
acknan Posts: 261 Member
So today after work, I decided to indulge myself in some Baked Cheetos. I have a soft spot (around my middle) for chips and other salty junk food and had more than I wanted to include in my calorie count. I had planned on forgoing exercise today (planned day off) but after I realized the damage I did with the junk, I hopped on the treadmill for five miles. Even though I have only been on MFP for about a week, I am so happy about the power that it gives me to control my eating and exercise. Today's setback helped me realize that I can do things to fix mistakes and use the information to guide my behavior in the future. Though I was bummed that I had to work off my mistake, I enjoyed my workout as I completed it and proud that I realized that I could fix the mistake rather than just throw in the towel and eat more.

:)

Replies

• tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    Great job!! Little things happen, but taking control of it is what really matters!!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Nicely done, you should be proud of yourself!
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    great insight, i have been "dieting" since i can remember, and like you said, it is nice having MFP to know that you CAN fix todays mistakes, not to give up! I commend you! Keep with it :)
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good Job!

I know I do the same thing.

I guess its just reassurance that you are changing your lifestyle for good. And that its not just another diet. :smile:
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I totally understand on the cheetos. I dont keep them in the house. Good job in doing a work out to correct it ;-]
    jac
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I just ate 1000 calories of food after work tonight!
    Now before MFP, I would've conveniently not recorded it and hidden the fact that I'd binged.
    I'm enjoying being accountable and marking down not just the highs but also the lows.
    That way I'll learn too.

Congratulations on your victory!
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    What MFP needs now is a "Like" button! Good job keeping yourself accountable!
  • acknan
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I was feeling guilty and annoyed with myself, but out of bad situations come learning and something positive. I love the support on this site! Thanks again! (Oh and I am throwing away the rest of the cheetos!)
  • abeth1387
    Options
    Rather than keeping a big bag of Cheetos around, where you can over eat when having a craving, get the little 100 calorie packs. They may cost a little more and you get less, but it helps you avoid the easy mistake of sticking your hand back into the big bag a couple times too many. Good job making up for it by doing the unplanned workout!
  • acknan
    Options
    @abeth that will be the new plan! (or none at all) Got a call from family at the supermarket and I asked for the devil food. Actually seeing the calorie counts and fat content might have made it easier to say no... The blind order got me! :)