Question For Those With Their Own Website / Domain

Options
donyellemoniquex3
donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
I want to make a few websites pertaining to my weightloss journey, and with a few other things like how I do surveys to make money from home. I've tried netfirms, namecheap, gigatux / rewindd, hostclearly, bluehost and 00webhost (complete nightmare).

Been thinking about FatCow but I want to know who everyone else uses. I'm looking for unlimited storage, domains, emails, subdomains and 99% uptime. I know it's nearly impossible, but a girl can dream. Right?

I know my way around (or I used to, anyways) PHP, HTML and CSS.

Replies

• chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I use 1&1 - two sites one is integrated with wordpress - decent price and user friendly -
  • jennycina93
    jennycina93 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about square space (but I personally do not have my own website).
  • ExtremePhobia
    Options
    I used to use JustHost. Great stuff. $10-$15 a month gets you unlimited storage with all sorts of utilities to help you build your site. For those interested, it has support for PHP, JavaScript, SQL Database and more (basically anything you might need to code your own website). Not sure how it is for a complete novice but it did seem to have point and click web design utilities, and maybe WordPress support (this was a couple of years ago).

The bandwidth is unlimited too, but they reserve the right to throttle you if you get an unusual amount of traffic. I never had a problem with that though.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I have maybe 4 domains on EApps. Man, I don't know if I can recommend them or not. They are a step up in terms of what they offer. Things are not nearly as cookie cutter, so if you need to be babysat they are not for you. However, they are really damned cheap on their cloud hosting. Their uptime is great. I have, however, given up on ever configuring a Linux email client to work with their email servers. It cannot be done. I've been there for years and can't remember any downtime. And yet... I'm always looking to leave them.

I've got one domain at A Small Orange because I wanted to play around with a Ruby On Rails site. Their customer service is light years ahead of EApps, or any other hosting company I've used for that matter. At some point I may pull everything over to them, but again, the price I'm paying at EApps is just so cheap...