How long did it take you to lose your man boobs?

Options
I'm hoping that doing this Jillian Michaels 30 day shred can help me rid of my man boobs cause tbh it's embarrassing to have and in the summer I went to the beach with the family and was so embarrassed I had to keep a shirt on the whole time I was there. How long did it take you to lose your man boobs? Also did you find one exercise or program that helped to lose them better then another?

Replies

• LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can reduce fat in a specific portion of your body with any exercise, but someone will say I am wrong. It will go away as you lose the weight. Did your doctor check you to see if it was enlarged breast tissue? This condition does happen to men. Some medicines can cause this.
  • johnnyr24
    johnnyr24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can reduce fat in a specific portion of your body with any exercise, but someone will say I am wrong. It will go away as you lose the weight. Did your doctor check you to see if it was enlarged breast tissue? This condition does happen to men. Some medicines can cause this.

I mean I've been to my doctor and addressed this before but all he said was they would shrink and go away when I lose the weight I needed. He never checked if it was something with breast tissue or anything like that. He simply recommended sticking to losing weight and they would go away eventually.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i hope that 30 ay shred isnt the only thing you are doing. heavy compound movements will be more of a benefit if you are not already doing them.
  • johnnyr24
    johnnyr24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i hope that 30 ay shred isnt the only thing you are doing. heavy compound movements will be more of a benefit if you are not already doing them.
    Oh no 30 day shred isn't the only thing I'm doing. I like to combine jumprope and I'm also using the C25K app on my phone as well for running. So I usually alternate like one day I'll do 30 day shred but then the next I do jumprope in combination with the C25K. Idk if jumprope or running are able to help with this though.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hate to tell you but they'll go when they go. I am sure my problem areas will be the last to go. My hubby has lost almost 120lbs and he still has a squishy tummy and chest area. It's all MUCH smaller than it was, of course. But he always rocked it shirtless at the beach at any cup size lol :) confidence isn't a side effect of being perfect.
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Oh no 30 day shred isn't the only thing I'm doing. I like to combine jumprope and I'm also using the C25K app on my phone as well for running. So I usually alternate like one day I'll do 30 day shred but then the next I do jumprope in combination with the C25K. Idk if jumprope or running are able to help with this though.
    Jlclabo was referring to strength training, which should ideally be part of your regiment. Look toward a program like Starting Strength to help you maintain lean mass as you lose weight. Ultimately losing the weight is what will make the moobs go away, but the lifting is what is going to make you look great!

Also, if your profile is up to date, you may consider raising your goal weight above 140. The great thing about being overweight is that your body is going to build some muscle lugging around all that extra weight. Perhaps you will find you lost all the fat you needed at a much higher weight :)