Hittin' 300 and would like support from those who can relate

Options
So I joined the MyFitnessPal community several months ago and well, I just didn't do anything with it. Until recently, I decided that the only person holding me back is me... however... I have a lot negative feedback around me still from family (which I expect) and from some so called "friends' who are very quick to let me know just how HUGE I've gotten. I'm weighing in between 298 - 308... at 5'7" it's not a pretty sight.
I figured I was able to FINALLY quit smoking since November 18, 2010, I can take my life back also. For any of you who read this I would like to be encouraged as well as be an encouraging influence for those of us who know all too well what it's like to be made fun of because of our size. I'm going to change that, I want me back and while I know it's gonna be a long road, I'm here to stay. Hope to hear from ya'll.
Hec

Replies

• darcyinks
    darcyinks Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hector, I can certainly relate! I am only 5'1" (well almost anyway) and started here at 275! REALLY not a pretty sight! Anyway, this is a great place to start! I've kept up my food and excersize diary for 19 days straight! WooHoo! Don't let the naysayers take you down! This is a great place for positive reinforcement!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I can't add you as a friend. I've reached my limit. :cry: BUT I just want to say you can ABSOLUTELY do this. One little baby step at a time. Congratulations on giving up the smoking. (honestly I think that might have been harder than losing weight!). We'll all be here to cheer you on! Just keep posting making friends, log your food, move a little more and you WILL succeed. You've made a GREAT first step joining us here. Welcome- now let's get it!! :drinker:
  • MrsRP
    MrsRP Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck Hector. Do this for yourself. Everyone will respect you more once you succeed. You can do it! I'm just starting and want to see if this tool helps me lose weight and keep it off.
  • HectorSr
    HectorSr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you Darcyinks, msbanana, and MrsRP for your encouraging words, I really appreciate it. I hope to read and see more from you in the future... Thank you again.
    Hec