is it just me??

Options
I started on January 9th.. lost 5 pounds within the first week and haven't lost any since.. even though everytime I submit my log it says i'll weigh 10 pounds lighter in 5 weeks if I keep this up.. anybody else had this happen to them?? or does it just take a while for your body to get use to the change?

Replies

• SunshineCherie
    Options
    I don't think that is is just you. I started on Jan. 1 and I still haven't lost anything yet. You just have to keep on keeping on. You may not be losing now, but you will you just have to keep working at it. Good luck.
  • JeepOnRock
    Options
    I have these mini-plateaus, too. I'll drop a few quickly, then stop for a little while. Of course, I am only shooting for 1 pound a week, too... But, I have been working on increasing the exercise when I think the weight is dropping too slowly. I also change up the diet a little. Maybe my body gets used to something and needs a little shake up...
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's happening to me too... I lost 3 lbs the first week after I joined Jan 7 and then nothing! I feel a little smaller though and I think with the working out I'm gaining muscle and my body fat went down 2% also... just gonna have to keep on until the muscle I'm gaining starts burning the fat!
  • amysambora
    Options
    Give it time!!! 5lbs in a week is a big loss - your body is probably just trying to recover from the shock. For most people, the first week will always record the biggest loss, and it slows down after that. You just have to be patient - trust me, I know how hard it is, but stick with it and you'll be fine!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    its an estimation, not a guarantee of what u will be in 5 weeks.

My only advice....TAKE YOUR PICTURES (WITH VERY LITTLE CLOTHES) AND MEASURE.

Because when you get discouraged or think you are not making progress. Your pics and numbers will tell you are wrong! You are just starting this rollercoaster ride so buckle up because its going to be crazy whip you around and turn u upside down. Maybe you will part of the ones who lose weight at a normal rate of 1-2 lbs a week and maybe you'll be slow. Either way settle in for the long haul!!

:-)
  • blen85
    blen85 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yeah a few years ago I was not really watching what I was eating and lost 30 pounds within 3 months by constantly using my treadmill every day... about 5 days a week.. and didnt really lose weight but lost inches. However as soon as I quit I gained that 30 plus 50.. go figure. Plus I dont have a treadmill anymore but I do have an exercise bike.. my friend said the biggest loser on Wii is a really good workout.. I'm going to try that.. my friend said the avatar that you make.. the biggest loser makes your avatar fat LOL
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    i know the site says "you'll weigh this much in this amount of time," but there are soooo many factors it doesn't take into consideration. don't look too much into it! sometimes our bodies hit a slow point, and these slow points can last anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months or so. we can be doing everything the same and yet the weight loss progression slows down tremendously for no apparent reason. don't look too much into it, it's not abnormal. if what you're doing was working before, then don't worry about it. just don't let this discourage you, and keep on doing what you're doing. so long as what you're doing is healthy ofcourse! ;) if it concerns you, see a doctor and ask them. =)
  • silvereyes01
    silvereyes01 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have been dieting for a month and just this week I started to lose some lbs. It does get to be a downer that you're doing all of it for nothing, but once your body adjusts you start seeing more of a change. :) Keep positive, you can do it! Good luck on your weight loss journey!