slightly high cholesterol,.

Options
ok so im catching up with my doctor next week (3rd week none smoking re script) and had blood tests come back saying my cholesterol is slightly high...

any precautions i should take, i am in my 3rd week of not smoking and ins my 1st week of not drinking for 6 weeks. i eat good good food.

anything else i can do??

Replies

• JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    You need to exercise to keep your cardiovascular system healthy. Raising your heart rate everyday will help you considerably.
  • TLIVIGNSTON
    TLIVIGNSTON Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    yea i have been doing that aswell on a 4 day a week regime :) mostly weights but a bit of cardio here and there, almost summer here so i will be getting back into my swimming :)
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Cardio is what you need, Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending) cholesterol levels have a lot to do with the hand you were dealt, and very little to do with diet. However, a healthy heart and circulatory system is one of the ways you can can improve that hand.
  • ghortua777
    Options
    My man, here's what i got for you.

1. drink water-flush it out
    2. stay away from crap-junk food, alcohol, greasy food, and cigs
    3. exercise normal
    4. rinse and repeat.

:)
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Cut out foods with trans fats - processed foods are loaded with trans fats, margarine too. Eat more veggie carbs, eat salmon, sardines, anchovies, flaxseed, organic eggs to crank up your omega 3s. Cholesterol is just a number unless other numbers are out of whack.
  • TLIVIGNSTON
    TLIVIGNSTON Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My man, here's what i got for you.

1. drink water-flush it out
    2. stay away from crap-junk food, alcohol, greasy food, and cigs
    3. exercise normal
    4. rinse and repeat.

:)

thanks mate, i have just quit smoking 3 weeks now :), drinking two beers a week on a sat night with my cheat meal. barely ever eat fast foods, eat well and excersize hard. seeing my Doc today to see exactly what he has too say.

thanks guys
  • rogeryasumi
    Options
    My doctor recommended using this app to control my cholesterol. I eat well and exercise but I have hard time to keep it under 200 and try to not to start meds. It is easy to use and tells me how I am doing. The only request I have is to show cholesterol number on the "food" entry page. It has calorie, carb, fat, fiber etc. but it will be nice to have the number so I can see all I need to know in one pate. If I go to the summary page, it has the total cholesterol I took that day but not broke down so I cannot easily see what meal was bad for me. Hope the smart apps developers can take my request and update the app. Thanks for keeping me healthy!