Losing 10kg in 2 months!!!

Options
Hi. My name is Lisa, i was wondering if it is possible to lose 10kg in 2months. I am 163cm tall and i weigh 76kg i know its goin to be hard but im just wondering if there is anyone who has lost 10kg in a small amount of time.

I have my 21st birthday in December and i want to be looking good. Its a big party, so i dont want to look at the pictures later and hate the way i look around my skinny friends. Its depressing.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's very highly unlikely since you are already lean (based on what your picture looks like). Those that lose that kind of weight are generally obese or morbidly obese. But you definitely could aim for 1 lb per week of fat loss. I would have a moderate deficit, get adequate protein and do resistance training to see body changes.

But if you want a sustainable plan, post your height and weight. Do you have a workout routine? Do you use a food scale? Can you open your food diary?
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    If you're just worried about the pics for one night get spanks to shape you under your cloths. This way you can lose at a reasonable healthy rate, which leads to more sustainable change.
  • KayBee337
    Options
    I have added my height and current weight
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    If you're just worried about the pics for one night get spanks to shape you under your cloths. This way you can lose at a reasonable healthy rate, which leads to more sustainable change.

^^^THIS ^^
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    22 pounds is quite a bit to lose in two months. If you're just starting, usually you lose 5 or so pounds of water weight, right off the bat. This plus a pound or so a week, you can probably lose a good 15, if you're diligent. You want to do this in a sustainable way that allows you to keep what you've worked for. Good luck!
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I have exciting news. The universe has given you one extra month! You now have 3 months (well, minus 3 days). Yes, you can lose 10 kilograms in 90 days. That's hard work, but not impossible. I'd suggest you pick a diet, weigh daily and measure as much of your intake as you can.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Do you exercise? Do you have a food scale? And do you log calories?
  • latoyaaaa
    latoyaaaa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You deffinatly can!
    It's been 2 months and I have lost 12 kgs.
    I exercise most days and eat as well as I can.
    I also am quite big so generally I think depending on your size you may loose faster or slower
  • danielleespin
    danielleespin Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 164cm tall and starting weight was70kgs, in Eight weeks I lost 7kgs cutting out sugar and running roughly twice a week. I wouldn't recommend trying to lose weight fast - (as it then easier to put it all back on - but I'm not planning to change my NOW healthier lifestyle), I honestly wasn't expecting it to drop off as fast as it has. But I guess it's possible.
  • lijsef8
    Options
    Lisa I really hope it's doable. I have a goal to lose 6kg in 4 weeks as I too have a party to go to. I'm holding out on buying a party dress because I'm *hoping* I'll be skinny enough for a tight bodycon one.

However I've gotten really discouraged in the past few days. My first week of weight loss I dropped 1.6kg, in my 2nd week I dropped 1.4kg, and in my 3rd week 0kg. Yes... zero. It's soooo disheartening. I had projected my outcome based on my intial weight loss that I would definitely reach my goal weight in time. Now I'm doubtful. It seems really hard to get over this hump.
  • ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Although I am similar in the sense that I'm going to Bali in November and also want to reach my goal by then, I plan to keep that goal for as long as I can and don't want to rebound back again.

I'm sure you could lose 10kgs in that time, but I doubt it would stay off. Maybe you should be more concerned on how you want to look for the rest of your life and not just for a party? and weigh up if it's maybe more worth losing weight slower and keeping it off so when the next party or event or holiday comes along you wont have this issue again.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Lisa, i was wondering if it is possible to lose 10kg in 2months. I am 163cm tall and i weigh 76kg i know its goin to be hard but im just wondering if there is anyone who has lost 10kg in a small amount of time.

I have my 21st birthday in December and i want to be looking good. Its a big party, so i dont want to look at the pictures later and hate the way i look around my skinny friends. Its depressing.

MFP works best for people interested in long term improvement. You can drop a few kilos before the big day. If you don't hit that mark exactly, is anyone going to call you on it?