Any recommendations for waist packs?

Options
I'm looking for a waist pack/ running belt for longer training runs, It needs to hold a small bottle of water and a large phone (htc one) plus key, cards etc. It also needs to not bounce around too much whilst running. I've seen a few that will fit my phone in, but they've nowhere to fit water or they have a bottle holder but are too small for my phone. I'm wary about buying something that turns out to be rubbish, there's nothing worse than being uncomfortable on a run.

Can anyone recommend any brands?

Replies

• TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I bought a Nike running belt - has two, small bottles in holders, either side of a reasonably big "bum-bag"/"fanny-pack" style pouch. Plenty big enough for a mobile phone, keys, energy gels etc. It stays nice and secure and doesn't bounce around at all, to be honest...
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I have a TNF Flight Series belt; two 500ml bottles and a pouch that's big enough for my Galaxy S4, couple of gels and keys.

The model has been updated since I got it so now I think the pouch is better shaped, mine is triangular which makes it awkward to fill.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    None for the pack, but if you're the knid of person who sweats a lot or you're runing in a vest or run in warm weather, be sure to use some body glide or something. My husband gets sore where the pack rubs on his waist if he forgets to put some vaseline or body glide on (same as runner's nips - just larger surface area)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I like this one
    deer.jpg
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Personally I hate things around my waist. They rub and get very uncomfortable. Anything below 6 miles that I need water on I use a handheld (you get used to carrying them and many have sections for phones). Anything over that or trail runs I use a camelbak which once you get used to you don't really notice and has room to store a phone/gels/ dates etc
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Options
    I use a hip belt... I believe it's this one..

https://www.etsy.com/listing/173511977/fitness-fanny-pack?ref=sr_gallery_11&ga_search_query=running+belt&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

I dont' take water with me but in all other ways it's good.
  • waxman223
    waxman223 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Agree with Zardoz, I use a camelbak for long runs. Holds everything you need. OR for a waist pack , You can use a Spibelt without carrying water, to pack a phone, car key, and cash/card for water stops at conveinence stores. .
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I use a hip belt... I believe it's this one..

https://www.etsy.com/listing/173511977/fitness-fanny-pack?ref=sr_gallery_11&ga_search_query=running+belt&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

I dont' take water with me but in all other ways it's good.

I have a flip belt thing for shorter runs when I don't need water, that's fine. It's just finding something with the storage for both water bottle and phone.
    Personally I hate things around my waist. They rub and get very uncomfortable. Anything below 6 miles that I need water on I use a handheld (you get used to carrying them and many have sections for phones). Anything over that or trail runs I use a camelbak which once you get used to you don't really notice and has room to store a phone/gels/ dates etc

I'm the opposite I can only put up with carrying things around my waist, everything else I find unbearable.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Agree with Zardoz, I use a camelbak for long runs. Holds everything you need. OR for a waist pack , You can use a Spibelt without carrying water, to pack a phone, car key, and cash/card for water stops at conveinence stores. .

I run in the country, woods and fields etc. there aren't any convience stores unfortunately.