Marbles for Motivation

Options
I have two jars with marbles in them. One is labelled Pounds To Lose, it is filled with one marble for each pound I want to lose. The other jar is labelled Pounds Lost and as I lose a pound I remove a marble and drop it in this jar. What a nice sound it was this morning when I was able to drop FIVE marbles into the jar. I saw this idea on Pinterest and I love having the visual reminder on my kitchen window sill ????

Replies

• amy_lynn007
    amy_lynn007 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an awesome motivational tool :) well done!!
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! I have one too! I have a "Pounds to lose" and a "Pounds destroyed!" jar :) Congrats on your success so far!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    So there can be a more positive connotation to "losing my marbles"?

Seriously though, this is such a great idea, thank you for sharing!!
  • ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great loss!...I have a set too but I haven't updated it in a while. I may do that today.
  • tinypinkfruitbat
    tinypinkfruitbat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oooh, what a great idea!! :smile:
    Thanks for sharing, that's a motivational tool that I'm gonna have a go with ^.^
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    What happens if you lose your Marbles? ;-)

Anything that motivates you is a great Idea and motivational tool
  • SamLD88
    SamLD88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I periodically pick up one of my cats and hop on the scale, then figure out how many cats I've lost. I don't know why, but it's fun. So far, I've lost nearly 2 of my cats in body weight (They weigh 10, 9, and 15 lbs).

P.S., no, not a crazy cat lady. Just a crazy animal family. 3 dogs, 3 cats, and a bearded dragon.

The marbles idea is cool though!
  • amyj514
    amyj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love that idea! If I was losing and not maintaining, I would totally do that.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Right I am definitely doing this
  • Valeriepei
    Valeriepei Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That is hilarious! I love cats, wish I had one I would soooo do this!!
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I love that idea! If I was losing and not maintaining, I would totally do that.

You could have an empty jar which represents the weight you want to maintain and if you gain lbs put marbles in, then you know you have to lose lbs to take the marbles out again to get back to your maintenance weight
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I have something like that but I put a dollar in for every pound lost. Right now it's sitting pretty with 35 dollars. At the end of this journey I'm not sure if I'll be able to spend it.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I liked the one with five pound bags of flour...for each five pounds lost, you donate a bag of flour and watch your shelf space get naked! ;-)
  • Valeriepei
    Valeriepei Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have something like that but I put a dollar in for every pound lost. Right now it's sitting pretty with 35 dollars. At the end of this journey I'm not sure if I'll be able to spend it.

Oh that is a good one too! I will use it, thanks :)
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Love this!