Clothing fit

Options
I have a XL shirt which I use to wear back when I was thinner. I tried it on about a month or so ago and it fit but it was snug. I could feel it being snug around my arms and chest. Today I tried it on again because I've lost a few more pounds since the last time I tried it on and it feels nice. No longer snug anywhere but it's a bit too short.

I'm thinking it won't be so short once I lose more weight. Am I thinking correctly about this? I'm thinking my boobs will shrink and essentially allow it to go down further.

Thanks for the help.

Replies

• All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It depends. Yup, great answer, right? A woman's shirt usually isn't long unless you buy that type. However, depending on how much the shirt is being held "up" by boobs or stomach, it may have the edge fall just a bit lower once more weight is lost. But overall, most women's shirts are designed to hang about 2" below your actual hip bones. We generally refer to our hips as the spot where our legs meet our torso, but the actual hip bones are higher toward your natural waistline.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    It depends. Yup, great answer, right? A woman's shirt usually isn't long unless you buy that type. However, depending on how much the shirt is being held "up" by boobs or stomach, it may have the edge fall just a bit lower once more weight is lost. But overall, most women's shirts are designed to hang about 2" below your actual hip bones. We generally refer to our hips as the spot where our legs meet our torso, but the actual hip bones are higher toward your natural waistline.

I'm tall so I wonder if that maybe a factor as well. I'm a little over 5'10". I currently can wear a XL in some brands but not others. Sort of annoying that there aren't any standards.

Thanks for your help!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    as you lose weight in your chest and shoulders yes the shirt will seem longer.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am also hoping that my tops will get longer as I lose weight! It already started to happen as my post-baby belly started shrinking and tightening, so I am confident that it'll be even better in 20-30lbs time :)
  • oremus1
    oremus1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    what do you guys do when you are at the awkward stage of between sizes? your clothes are too big and baggy but the size down too small?
  • RenaTX
    Options
    what do you guys do when you are at the awkward stage of between sizes? your clothes are too big and baggy but the size down too small?

This is only happening with my jeans. A real life friend of mine on MFP sews a fold in her pants to tighten them up.
  • RenaTX
    Options
    as you lose weight in your chest and shoulders yes the shirt will seem longer.

I was thinking that . Thank you for confirming.
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My clothes get longer when I loose weight. I notice it more in my pants than my tops - less junk in the trunk to fill 'em so they hang a little lower. No complaints here!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you lose from the chest. My chest measurement has only gone down one bloody inch so most of the stuff I wore before just looks like potato sacks now (far too loose around the middle).
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Yes, clothes get longer as you lose weight.

Two tahirt a I wore at my heaviest are now nightgowns. :)