Sugestions? :(

Options
I recently did MF, and lost about 60 pounds on it. However I stopped, and between that and LOTS of stress eating, I fear I may have gained it all back. I haven't weighed, but I can literally feel my body change.

I found that I need some sort of structure to my diet, but it's important for me to be able to cook with my friends and family. Something my BF and I could do together would be good. I'm not interested in supplements or meal replacements, I just need something to eat real food (veggies, lean meat, etc..) in the right way. I'm just fed up and bummed and need help.

Also, I have PCOS and anything low-carb and PCOS friendly is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

• All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This would probably be better posted in the Recipes forum. But any Low Carb cookbook will give you plenty of recipes. And most now gives the calories, carb, etc.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i'm not sure how we're supposed to know what your boyfriend would like, but have you considered using a calorie counting app or website and eating whatever you like as long as it fits into your daily calorie goals? i hear that some of those apps/sites even let you adjust your macros so if you wanted to set it for lower carbs or higher protein or something you could do that too.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    i'm not sure how we're supposed to know what your boyfriend would like, but have you considered using a calorie counting app or website and eating whatever you like as long as it fits into your daily calorie goals? i hear that some of those apps/sites even let you adjust your macros so if you wanted to set it for lower carbs or higher protein or something you could do that too.

^5.
  • OnTheGround
    Options
    You might want to consider going Paleo for a while. I found that doing Paleo for a few months really taught me how to eat cleaner and COOK cleaner. I don't stick to a Paleo diet, but I definitely learned a lot and was able to cook healthier because of it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You might want to consider going Paleo for a while. I found that doing Paleo for a few months really taught me how to eat cleaner and COOK cleaner. I don't stick to a Paleo diet, but I definitely learned a lot and was able to cook healthier because of it.

I suppose that's one way to potentially eat at a daily calorie deficit. Of course, to be sure, she'll want to track her calories.