Workout from home help

Options
Ok so I go to the gym and work with a trainer one day a week and go once on own I would like to do some at home workouts I can do in the evenings after I get off work can anyone suggest any work out DVDs that would be good for someone who is really out of shape and only just started exercising. Also I'm interested in trying things like Zumba,piyo and rockin body so if anyone can tell me if theses are any good

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I would scrap the DVD idea and start lifting or body weight strength training. You can do either at home.
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is a go to of mine. I really like the 30 Day Shred.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    depends what your goals our. PiYo has really helped me with core strength and flexibility.

If you want to strength train I suggest chalean extreme
    cardio: T25 or inasnity if you want crazy intensity

combo of both P90X or if that is too much try P90

Also Jillian michaels has some great DVDs
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I was out of shape when I started P90X almost 3 years ago, loved it, just pace yourself, moved on to P90X2, Some insanity though I'm not a fan, would rather run, and Body Beast is my favorite. I have only used Dumbbells, up to 50lbs, currently working on getting a bar and heavier weights.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels kicks my butt. I only used 10lb dumbells with her video, and at first I felt like a fat little cardio bunny, but I could barely lift them at all by the time I was done!
  • vpadd
    Options
    This might sound funny but when I am strapped for time or need to do some exercising at home I do up and down my stairs. I blast the tunes and have at 'er. Its great because you can be cooking dinner in the oven at the same time and there is no commute. I usually do sets of 20 reps (up and down 20 times), take a break and then do it all over again 2 more times. If you are just starting out you could always cut your reps down and take more breaks. Its hard at first but as your body gets stronger you will find that you start pushing your body to do more reps. Stairs are great for building muscle in your legs, trimming down because of the cardio aspect and it sculps your butt :)
  • hellokimmy13
    hellokimmy13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can look for free workouts on YouTube. I would recommend FitnessBlender, BeFit, LiveExercise and Lauren Fitz channels. Hope you enjoy them!! :smile:
  • alska
    alska Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    How about Fitness Blender ... they have a mix of things https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessBlender
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    This might sound funny but when I am strapped for time or need to do some exercising at home I do up and down my stairs. I blast the tunes and have at 'er. Its great because you can be cooking dinner in the oven at the same time and there is no commute. I usually do sets of 20 reps (up and down 20 times), take a break and then do it all over again 2 more times. If you are just starting out you could always cut your reps down and take more breaks. Its hard at first but as your body gets stronger you will find that you start pushing your body to do more reps. Stairs are great for building muscle in your legs, trimming down because of the cardio aspect and it sculps your butt :)

Great idea, don't forget to blast the tunes!
  • christashay
    christashay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! Here's my 2cents worth: Lol
    Love Rockin Body, T25 is harder, but all moves have a modifier, Brazil Butt Lift is a blast, and X3 is awesome. Beachbody has the new P90, which I understand is good for beginners or ones kinda out of shape.
    I jumped in with P90X two years ago- both feet! Had to do a lot of modification at first, no lie. But each and every week with every workout you shock yourself with how much stronger you are!
    Point being, whatever you choose, be consistent, have fun with it.
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    TurboJam is really fun and as your fitness level progresses, try TurboFire. They're fun workouts and have a motivating instructor. T25 is also quick & easy, with a modifier routine that can be helpful when starting out.